Chapter 54: Past Memories I

"Yarra"

That was the only thing about her that she owned, that reminded her of who she really was – her name.

At three years old, Yarra was adopted by an Australian couple in a country in Central Asia.

They kept her name but gave her their surname, 'Kenes', which officially made her part of their family.

But growing up, Yarra already felt that she was different. After all, how would it make sense that she looks so different from her parents?

Also, it was not only her that was adopted from another country. She had a lot of siblings and they were all living in the same house.

Maybe due to that, and her parents having biological kids of their own, Yarra did not really know what it was like to have a normal family.

She felt grateful for all her needs being met and she knew from the start that just being able to grow up in Australia was a privilege, but why was there still a void in her heart?

Yarra always felt like she didn't belong in her family or in the country she lived in.

But even so, Yarra does not remember any memories she had while she was in her home country. In fact, she does not even know if she has a desire to even find out about it, her origin and all that.

Maybe it was because of her identity confusion that caused her to be exactly like her name – wild and free.

Growing up in a liberated country like Australia, Yarra soon grew up to adapt their culture. She adapted a bit too much, actually.

At 8 years old, she already had two boyfriends and her first kiss given away.

At around 14 years old, she was already making love to her boyfriends.

For her, it doesn't matter anyway, right? The first person you give your first kiss or whatever too would not be necessarily the person you will end up with. What's the difference if you give it now or later?

Besides, everyone else was doing it. All her friends are doing the exact same thing.

But despite all her fooling around, Yarra surprisingly got into one of Australia's top universities – The University of Melbourne.

Be it sheer luck or just Yarra fooling everyone, she managed to get a good score just to enter that prestigious university that even her smart colleagues couldn't get through.

'I don't even know why I picked this uni. It just seems fun. At least it's something new, maybe it'll bring a little bit of excitement into my life...' Yarra mused as she entered the university.

Nonchalantly looking at everything, Yarra kept chewing her gum as she attended one of her classes in the discussion hall.

She did not really like attending classes. For her, it was a waste of time but she did like dressing up while going to school so she still goes anyway.

When she came in, as she expected because she was already running late, the professor was already discussing in the front.

The old professor didn't even bat an eye at her and continued speaking about the topic he was discussing.

Yarra, on the other hand, eyed the back row first but unfortunately, there were no seats available.

There were only available seats in the middle and front row.

'Hmm... Where should I seat...'

Suddenly eyeing a tall blond man seating all by himself in the middle row, Yarra suddenly felt the urge to seat next to that man.