Chapter 47: Leaving

Why is this all happening?

Everything was simply too painful.

'I knew from the start anyway, didn't I? Why did I still blindly trust him? Why did I hope?' Dalena thought to herself.

Right now, she was simply in her bedroom, crying with everything she has.

What did Eleanor even mean by revealing those things and showing her that pictures?

So all along, he's been fooling her, hmm... He was simply using her as a rebound. A substitute for his past love.

After all, he was a top tier man. Why would he even look at her who has nothing in this world? No qualification or looks that would match him?

However, aside from the betrayal that Dalena experienced, it was odd because her head was aching so much just from seeing those pictures as well.

It's strange...

"Tsss..." Dalena hissed, gesturing her hand over her head due to its achiness.

She had been crying for hours now to the point where no tears would come out. Maybe, it is because of crying too much that her head hurts right now?

But even before she cried this much, she did not feel that much of a headache...

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a knock on the door.

Dalena did not even bother to look at it. She had a faint feeling of who it was.

At this point, she did not even know what to do about that person anymore. She can't believe how foolish she was for still having tender feelings for him despite him deceiving her.

"Hey... What's going on? Little George said you were sick so you just stayed in your room all day?" said a gentle voice.

Luke did not hesitate to just walk inside the room and close the door. He felt his heart sink down when he saw Dalena next to her bed, crouching.

Why was she in that position. Does she not know how to take care of herself?

Luke frowned a little and also bended his knees in the same position so he could sit next to her.

Slowly, he tried to touch Dalena's hand.

However, before he could even do as he desired, Dalena flinched her arm and finally faced him.

Now seeing Dalena's face, Luke's eyes immediately widened.

Dalena's eyes were bloody red and there were obvious tear stains on her cheeks. Most importantly, she was glaring at him.

It was as if she was a different person, as she was not staring at Luke the way she used to.

"What happened? Why were you crying?" Luke said softly, quite confused at Dalena's actions.

Hearing how gentle he's being and how nice he was talking to her, Dalena actually despised him more. How dare he be that good of an actor?

She let out a sarcastic sneer despite the weakness she felt.

Suddenly remembering why she's upset, she cursed herself as tears threatened to fall once again.

Glaring even more at Luke, Dalena did not waste any time and threw the pictures she had in her pockets at Luke.

Not expecting Dalena's action, Luke moved away a little bit and unconsciously closed his eyes as the pictures hit his perfectly-sculpted face.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows a bit, not having an idea behind Dalena's actions. What has made her so angry? Did he not assure her all this time, telling her that she was the only one he liked?