Chapter 60: Past Memories VII

Even though Luke already asked her to move in with him, Yarra refused.

For her, it was the first time that she's actually had such intense feelings for someone.

And it was precisely because of these feelings why she was terrified.

Yarra didn't even think about it, but because of how much she felt for Luke, she could not imagine what would become of her if something catastrophic happened that would make her and Luke separated.

'I already got enough trauma from my childhood and birth origins... If I ever lose myself while loving Luke, I really don't think I would survive. It would simply be too painful to think about.'

Yarra felt that if she moved in with Luke, there was really no way out. She would be trapping herself with him.

Even though it was ridiculous, Yarra was overthinking and already thought of scenarios where Luke might leave her...

It's really nothing against Luke, Yarra knew it was her fault. It was her panicking over the situation and being scared of being hurt by their relationship.

Yarra sighed at her ridiculous thoughts and tried to close her eyes to sleep.

Ever since yesterday, she has been feeling unwell. She also didn't feel like doing anything except to just lay down in bed and sleep.

Yarra didn't know if she was dreaming or what, but she heard her door open and sound of footsteps.

'It must be my imagination. I am feeling much drowsier nowadays. I really don't know what's wrong with me.'

Suddenly, a big hand cupped Yarra's face and soft lips pecked on her cheeks.

"How are you? I missed you so much..." the deep voice murmured.

Yarra was almost overpowered by her drowsiness but when she heard that familiar voice, she fought hard to open her eyes just to see Luke in front of her.

"I missed you too." she murmured.

Even though Luke intruded quite abruptly, she didn't find it strange. It was part of their deal – even though she wouldn't move in with him, Luke would get a key to Yarra's apartment while Yarra would also have a key to his apartment.

Although, compared to Luke's apartment, Yarra's was much smaller and could even be described as 'shabby'.

Luke did say that he wouldn't go back to London during the semester break but due to his father's persistent calls and an emergency meeting, he had no choice but to come back.

However, he fulfilled his promise to Yarra to come back within 3 days.

"I was just away for a short time and you're already like this? I was worried because you weren't responding to my text messages. I thought something happened to you..."

"Sorry... I thought your return date is tomorrow?"

"Yes, but I got things done early because I missed you so bad..."

"Um..."

Yarra tried to respond but she was feeling very weak. She was being pulled by her drowsiness.

Quickly, Luke's face became agitated as he touched Yarra's forehead. Even at one touch, he could tell that Yarra's body temperature was not normal.

"Yarra... you have a fever!" Luke said out loud.

"Uh?" Yarra didn't even realise that her body state was already like that.

At Yarra's unawareness, Luke sighed as he laid Yarra down back into her bed.