Chapter 56: Past Memories III

Due to the fundraiser event, the two main proprietors, Yarra and Luke went outside of their state to negotiate with some businesses so they would be able to gather enough materials and funds for their fundraising.

Taking advantage of the plane trip they are currently having, Yarra pretended to close her eyes as she leaned on Luke's shoulders and held his hand.

Actually, this wasn't strange. Since they started dating about a month ago, they actually started holding hands.

However...

What Yarra wanted was more! Is this grade school? Why are they only holding hands?There's not even a kiss yet.

While closing her eyes and feeling Luke's scent, Yarra could only endure her disgruntled thoughts silently.

Suddenly though, a warm and big hand started to pat her head, as if comforting her.

Who else could it be? No other than the person next to her, the new boyfriend she has – Luke.

Still pretending to be sleepy, Yarra hid a smirk behind her face.

'At least I could tell he kind of cares for me. It doesn't matter, we'll get where I want us to be.'

Truthfully, it was kind of strange for Yarra since in all the relationships she has been previously, it was mostly physical. Here with Luke, there seems to be an emotional bond present as well since they took time getting to know each other before getting into a relationship.

Actually, even Yarra could not believe that they're actually 'dating'. It didn't feel like anything has changed, except for spending time with each other more frequently and holding hands, at the very least.

"Wouldn't it be great? Our fundraising event would not only promote your company, but it would also boost your reputation since what we are doing is for a good purpose. As you know, our university is the top one here in Australia and we have an array of connections to make all of these possible."

While Luke was speaking in the front with the presentation he and Yarra made, Yarra was at the side, closely observing him.

'As I thought, this man only becomes more charming day by day. How could he do that? Speaking in front of these arrogant elites. Well, I guess it helps that he looks like an arrogant elite himself, haha.'

Although Yarra also had some marketing skills, of course she couldn't compare to Luke. However, she did know better than him in designing presentations so she was the one who did that while he was the one who presented it in the front.

"Thank you Mr. Grosvenor. We accept your proposal." one of the company's directors said.

With a formal smile, Luke thanked the director back.

"Thank you, Sir. I only represented our group, but there's a lot of us collaborating with each other. In fact, Miss Yarra Kenes over there have made a lot of major contributions in our agenda." he said, pointing at Yarra.

Being suddenly pointed, Yarra got a little flustered but it was only for a little bit. Inwardly, she thanked herself for having a very thick face so she didn't get embarrassed that easily.

"Thanks as well, Miss Kenes." said the director.

Yarra sheepishly smiled and said goodbye together with Luke.

Before they completely left the building though, the same director reached out to both of them.

"By the way, these are spare passes to our company's private beach resort which is only a 10-minute drive from here. We are completely impressed with the presentation so just take these as incentives."