Chapter 62: Daylight

When Yarra opened her eyes slowly, she momentarily closed her eyes again due to the bright lights blinding her. Perhaps, she has closed her eyes for far too long.

She looked at the side and instantly saw a little angel looking at her.

It was a little boy whose black hair he got from her but with everything else, he has gotten it from his father. Instantly remembering how she wished her child would be a mini-me of the man she loved back then, Yarra's eyes softened.

"Mama!" Little George screamed out with widened eyes.

Instinctively, the little boy wrapped his arms around Yarra. He was not sure if he was even allowed to do this but because he has seen her sleeping for so long, he just wanted her warmth.

With now trembling hands, Yarra hugged Little George back tightly and just like her last memory from the past, sobbed uncontrollably.

Just how cruel is life? How dare it deprive her of years of being close to her child? How dare it even separate her child from her!

She wanted to be there when he said his first words. His first walk. His first everything.

But when he was growing up, where was she? Thinking she was someone else, in a faraway country that had nothing related to who she really was!?

Even though Yarra remembered her true memories, there was still a gap in how she suddenly became 'Dalena Angeles'. She was very confused but all that matters to her right now is seeing her child in front of her and knowing who she truly was.

'No wonder, the first time I saw George, I instantly felt connected to him. Because after all, he is my child. My baby.' Yarra thought while still crying uncontrollably.

After a while, she finally calmed herself down and wiped her own tears.

Now facing her was Little George with teary eyes himself, pouting at her.

"Sorry... I don't know what made you sad... Is it because I called you 'Mama'?"

Yarra looked up a bit, trying to stop her tears from falling back again. She felt like she couldn't speak properly due to the overwhelming feelings she felt. Her throat went dry at the thought of her poor soon, having gone through several troubles throughout the years without her.

Yarra shook her head and embraced Little George once again, even putting a soft peck on his forehead.

"No, darling. Why would I be upset if you call me that? After all, it is true. I am your Mama." Dalena whispered softly.

With silent sobs, Little George buried his face on Yarra's shoulder.

"Mama... Mama... Mama... I was so scared! You weren't waking up! I thought you were going to sleep forever..."

"It's okay. Mama's here now, Georgie. It's going to be okay now..." Yarra whispered, trying to hold back her tears herself.

In a little corner, Yarra heard a sniffle.

She turned to that and now finally noticed Luke, who looked quite different from his well-kept appearance. His eyes were reddened and as seen from his face, it seems like he had also cried while watching the mother and son confrontation.

When he met Yarra's eyes, he turned away for a bit. He was cautious due to Dr. Camila's warning of effects that may happen when Yarra wakes up.

Slowly, he walked to where Yarra and George were and never took his burning gaze off her.

"Yarra..." Luke said softly, calling her by her true name for the first time in so many years.

While still having Little George in her arms, Yarra gave a small smile to him. She didn't know why Luke seemed to see her as if she was a fragile glass so she reached out her hand to him.