Chapter 38: Chantelle's Arrival

Several days have gone by like a breeze since after all, there wasn't the Dowager Duchess or her daughter, Chantelle, stirring up any trouble.

However, it seems like those days were just the calm before the storm.

"Even until now, I hate the fact that my brother kept you. Don't you know just how much you are holding back my brother from his happiness? From finding a suitable wife?" Chantelle hissed.

It was just one of his aunt's usual taunt against him and he didn't have any confidence to talk back so Little George could only look down at the floor, praying to the heavens that his aunt would stop talking soon.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Little George felt warmth as a figure dragged him towards her. He knew the familiar smell and instantly, he buried his head and held the figure closer.

"Lady Chantelle, I apologise if this may sound rude, but I do not think it's appropriate to tell Young Master George those things." a timid voice sounded out.

Looking at the sudden arrival of the figure, Chantelle gritted her teeth and merely glared at her.

"Ha! What do you know? I hope you've been keeping your place and not going near my brother." Chantelle warned.

Dalena frowned.

In her head, she was thinking that she's actually been doing the opposite that Chantelle has told her. After all, after the holidays season, she's been more intimately involved with Luke. He just won't stop annoying her!

"But I guess, it doesn't matter. If my brother did take a little fancy on you, he won't now because his fiancée would be coming over and living here. That's why I was so excited that I moved here days earlier!" Chantelle continued, in an excited tone this time.

Since she was looking directly at Dalena, Chantelle caught the change in Dalena's expression.

Dalena kind of frowned at the mention of Luke's fiancée.

"Oh? You didn't know? Maybe you really expected that my brother would be serious about you? Haha! No, Eleanor and him have known each other since they were younger. My brother already asked her for marriage four years ago but Eleanor turned him down because she was uncomfortable being a stepmother to that piece of garbage." Chantelle explained, pointing at Little George.

Even though Dalena's heart felt heavy from the information that Chantelle has been telling her, she still protected Little George first. Out of instinct, she held Little George closer to her.

If Dalena could, she just wants to block Little George's ears or tape Chantelle's mouth so she could just stop talking.

Feeling satisfied from taunting both Dalena and Little George, Chantelle had a victorious smirk plastered on her face.

"Well, I guess see you two around. You better be on your best behaviour once Eleanor comes over. After all, she is the future mistress of the estate. Haha!" Chantelle exclaimed.

After Chantelle walked pass them, Dalena calmed herself down and kneeled, leveling her eyes to Little George.

"Georgie, are you okay? Don't listen to her, okay?" Dalena whispered to him.

Little George nodded at Dalena, forcing a smile out of him.

"Yes. Don't worry, I am used to this." he murmured.

However, even though he said that to comfort Dalena, it only made her feel worse. Dalena felt like there was a sword stabbing through her heart.

Just realising how much the little boy went through, little tears came out of her eyes.

In an attempt to hide them and comfort herself, she held the little boy once more.

Graciously, the little boy held her back and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Georgie, I'm sorry you have to go through that... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Dalena kept murmuring to him, her voice quite unstable.

***

Dalena had many thoughts running through her head.

What did she say? Luke really had a fiancée?

Why anyone hasn't told her?

So in the end, even though she expected it from the very start, he was really just playing with her, hmm?

But even though she already expected this outcome, it still hurts. It's good that Dalena has not fallen for his traps completely, as she still has parts of her not taken by him.

With heavy breaths and throbbing pain in her chest, Dalena took the courage to find out more about Luke's fiancée.

Since she only knew the woman's first name, she could only search 'Eleanor and Luke Grosvenor' on the web engine app that she had on her phone.

Unconsciously, while waiting for the results to come out, Dalena closed her eyes. She was so stupid. What was she expecting for?

It's all his fault for twisting her feelings! For always bothering her and acting out a good man so perfectly!

'He's so annoying! I hate him, that playboy! How dare he play with me like this!' Dalena swore in her thoughts.

Finally, she opened her eyes and her heart just wouldn't stop pounding. She started to hurt herself more by reading more.

Indeed, there were several articles about that woman and Luke. In fact, there are countless pictures of them together as well.

'Breaking news: Lady Eleanor Diana Montrose and new Duke of Rothesay, Luke Alexander Grosvenor, ends engagement

Lady Eleanor Diana Montrose, or popularly known as just Eleanor Montrose due to her Instagram fame, is the only daughter of the Duke of Wessex.

She has finished an arts degree with honours in Paris and is talented in painting, piano and violin. At the same time, she has also modelled for prestigious brands such as Chanel and Valentino.

With that, it's no wonder that she is the perfect match for the newly-proclaimed Duke of Rothesay, Luke Alexander Grosvenor.

This handsome and young duke just recently finished his Master of Business Administration with honours in Australia. Prior to this, he had already contributed to his family's business and have completed a finance degree.

They not only match due to their qualification and looks, but they also have a long history together! Reports say that Lady Montrose and Duke Grosvenor have been the best of friends since childhood.

It's only natural for them to get engaged to due to their long history but unfortunately, the engagement quickly fizzled out.

According to our close source, Lady Montrose was the one who backed out. Apparently, she said that she still wanted to enjoy her youth and not ready take on the role of stepmother to the Duke's 2 year-old son that was born out of wedlock.

Ouch!

But with the close relations of the two, we say we give it a few years. We believe that Lady Montrose and Duke Grosvenor will eventually end up together and tying the knot.

Curse us if not true! That's all for today in Noble News!'

Along with the news article, it also attached a photo of Eleanor and Luke laughing together in a party.

Dalena observed Eleanor's face closely and indeed, she looks very beautiful.

The woman had long, wavy blonde hair paired with ocean blue eyes. She also had a tall figure and slender body. When put together with Luke's blond hair and green eyes, their visuals were too intense to handle.

One can only take too much visuals in this life.

Even though Dalena had a pained feeling before in her heart, she only felt numbness now as she smiled bitterly at the article.

'How foolish. Did you think that you were ever a match for him? It's good that I kept telling you that you should protect yourself, huh? Stupid girl.' Dalena lectured herself.