Chapter 8: Rule Number Twelve

Despite the many questions that Dalena had on her head, she calmly shrugged it off and tried to go with the flow.

But no matter who it is, who wouldn't be curious?

After the meeting with the little boy, which is a peculiar request she was asked to do in the first place, what could it be this time?

But it's not like she's complaining. Saving the little boy was like a blessing in disguise. Turns out, all the fables and tales she knew of about being good and getting a reward were true.

Not only did she get a large sum prior meeting the little boy, but Mr. Hamish Thompson surprisingly gave her even more when the meeting has ended.

For what reason, she did not know. She just accepted it humbly so she could be closer to her goals.

Truthful enough, Dalena thought that someone like her could not possibly be so picky with money. She has no right to refuse and think about things like being too shameless and looking like a money-lover.

Who cares what other people think, right? She's too old for that. What matters most is what she thinks of herself. Especially in this economy, there should be no time wasted for even bothering with others' opinions.

"Nice to meet you again, Miss Angeles." Hamish greeted in a formal tone.

Dalena nodded and smiled a little. "Nice to see you too, Sir."

Hamish coughed a little before opening his briefcase and laying down some documents on the table.

Upon the sight of the documents, Dalena could not help but raise her eyebrows a little. She couldn't help but be curious.

'Perhaps, because they gave me a little too much reward money, they're asking to take it back? That's why there's so much papers?'

Before Dalena could even think of even more what-ifs, Hamish spoke.

"For this meeting... I am actually going to talk about a job offer that is from His Grace himself."

With those words, Dalena's eyes widened a little. She wouldn't have ever thought of that. And 'His Grace'?

She knew she was living in London, but it was rare for normal people to use such terms. Although she already recognised that 'Young Master' was addressed to the little boy, George, her brain processed a little slow to get the term she just heard.

'His Grace... ah, right, George's father. The blond one from yesterday.'

As Dalena continued with her thoughts, Hamish continued to speak.

"To be precise, it is about having the noble job of being the Young Master's nanny."

"Eh?"

Hamish dismissed the surprise look at Dalena's face and gently placed some papers in front of her.

"Please look over and read the contract, Miss Angeles."

With empty thoughts, Dalena held the papers a little closer so she could read them properly.

The contract had only few technical words, so she could somehow still understand the gist of it. It was clear and concise, stating what her responsibilities would be as George's nanny and what she would get in return.

However, a certain section caught her attention. Even in working contracts she knew of, she never knew such term could exist.

Rules to be followed by the employee:

Rule Number Twelve - Must not fall in love with the 11th Duke of Rothesay, Luke Alexander Grosvenor

Penalty: Once the employee develops such atrocious feelings for His Grace, the contract will be terminated immediately. The Grosvenor Group will call the Work & Immigration Department to send the employee back to their home country. At the same time, depending on the situation, the employee may be asked to return every payslip that the Grosvenor Group has provided for her.