Chapter 2: One Thing

The lights on the spacious bedroom were already dimmed, but the little boy lying on the bed was still not asleep.

Rather, he was reading a book. It has always been one of his favourite pastimes in the mundane routines he has in his life.

He was so focused on reading until a light knock on his door suddenly welcomed him.

To be precise, reading was not the only reason the Young Master, George Arthur Grosvenor was still up. All along, he had been waiting for that person who just knocked on his door.

The little boy quickly put his book down and greeted the figure that entered his room.

"Papa."

George moved a little so the man could sit on his bed with him.

With the thought of his child still awake because he was waiting for him, he could not help but feel guilty for coming home this late.

But, it was truly unavoidable. Just for today, the man had attended critical meetings, signed new contracts and kept up with the connections he needed to maintain.

It was very hectic, but it is only normal for someone like him - Luke Alexander Grosvenor, the 11th Duke of Rothesay.

He inherited the title of a 'duke' at a mere age of 24 years old four years ago, when his father suddenly passed away due to an illness.

Naturally, since he was the only son, Luke was the heir to the title.

Although the power of noble titles have significantly decreased compared to a hundred years ago, being a duke in modern times was still quite remarkable. It was a title that made people marvel and undeniably, it came with a lot of benefits and special treatments that a commoner would never get.

Which is why, the real responsibilities that Luke had inherited did not stem from his ducal title.

Rather, it was because along with the ducal title, he also inherited his family's private businesses and foundation.

Although his family invested heavily into retail and technology for the past years, the real origins of their wealth was from their real estate business. They owned half of London and also most of the lands in various foreign countries.

With that, Luke was one of the most eligible bachelors not only in Britain, but in the whole world.

But it was not only his money that made him appealing to people, it was also because he was outrageously handsome.

Standing at no less than 6 feet tall, Luke had his clean-cut, blond hair usually slicked back. He also had a pair of green eyes, just like his son.

If one looks at them, there was no doubt that they are father and son. Their facial features looked exactly the same with their high-bridged nose, thick eyebrows and chiseled jaw.

The only difference between the two of them was their hair colours, as the little boy had jet black hair instead.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt anywhere?" Luke murmured in a gentle, deep voice.

The little boy quickly shook his head before giving Luke a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, Papa. It's fine. I wasn't hurt."