Chapter 57: Past Memories IV

"Should I call the manager? Why is there only one bed and only one room?"

With Luke's sudden question, Yarra chuckled out loud. She thought Luke knew about it but looking at his bewildered expression, she must have been wrong.

'I guess he thought just like our temporary accommodation in the beach resort where we had separate rooms, the ones we booked beforehand in this hotel would also be the same. How silly...'

"What do you think they would think if we'll be in separate rooms or beds? Aren't we dating?" Yarra teased Luke.

"No, not that... But I'm just thinking, you might be uncomfortable sharing the bed with me."

Yarra raised her eyebrows a bit.

'Uncomfortable? If you only knew, I'm probably dying out of excitement right now just thinking I'll be laying down with you.' Yarra thought to herself.

"I wouldn't be uncomfortable, you're my boyfriend. Oooh, I didn't know you would be the conservative type." Yarra murmured in a teasing tone again.

"If you're comfortable, then I'm alright..."

Satisfied with his answer, Yarra nodded at him and out of the sudden, threw one of the hotel's towel at him.

"Then have a shower first, okay? I'll fix our luggage here. After, I'll be the one to shower and you can order our food so we can eat dinner together."

Holding the towel tightly, Luke nodded sheepishly at Yarra. It was amazing how she could give him orders like that so easily.

"Sounds good." Luke murmured.

Yarra had wanted to pat Luke's head. For her, he was seriously being so cute. However, because of Luke's enormous height, Yarra couldn't do it.

Instead, she pushed him playfully to go to the bathroom.

"Go, go go." Yarra said cheekily.

After everything was set up and their tummy filled with the hotel's not-so-bad food, Yarra and Luke finally had time to rest.

Currently, they were both wearing the mandatory bathrobes that the hotel gave.

But actually, Luke did not want to wear them but Yarra would not stop insisting so what power did he have? Apparently, she wanted to have 'matching robes' with him.

"I'm so sleepy now..." Yarra yawned and walked a few steps just to land in the massive queen-sized bed in their room.

"Then you can go to sleep. I'm okay even if I sleep at the couch."

"Luke..."

"Did you just not hear what I said earlier?"

"Hm?"

Yarra sat her back up at the bedframe and crossed her arms together. She pouted at him.

"Don't sleep at the couch, it's too cold. What's the matter anyway? I'm your girlfriend. It would be okay if we're together in the bed, right..."

For a brief moment, Luke gazed away from Yarra.

'I am honoured that she trusts me but I feel like it is myself that I can't trust. I can't be tempted, what if she ends up treating our relationship as physical-based like her previous ones?'

"Please, Luke..." Yarra pouted again.

Seeing Yarra's irresistible charms, Luke sighed at himself. He felt defenceless.

When Luke started to walk to the massive bed, Yarra grinned and used a remote to turn off the lights at their room. She comfortably tucked herself inside the bed with blanket over her.