Chapter 51: Implanted Memories

The sight of Yarra passing away before Luke's eyes absolutely ruined him.

He would be stuck in his room, lifeless and still in-denial.

Due to exhaustion, he would sometimes doze off to sleep, thinking everything was a dream but once he was reminded of what happened... seeing that Yarra was not there, he would cry and scream again.

Because Luke was not in his right mind, it fell into Coleman's responsibility to take care of Yarra's lifeless body.

Instantly, Coleman arranged the arrangements and cremated Yarra's body into ashes.

Holding the vase containing Yarra's ashes, Coleman twitched his mouth a little and gulped. He could not believe that he was going this far, even arranging a cremated body like this.

The body obviously, was not Yarra's. It was a body donated to the hospital where Yarra was staying at, which was meant for medical students studying Anatomy there.

"Young Master..."

Coleman could not even finish his sentence as he looked at Luke's expressionless face. His eyes were still red due to endless crying. His disheveled appearance was quite the contrast to his usual well-kept appearance.

For a long time now, Luke's appearance has been messy due to worrying about Yarra being in a coma state and now... her being gone.

Even though there was still no expression in Luke's face, his shaking hands slowly hovered to the vase that Coleman was holding.

Once he held it fully, Luke slowly held it into his chest until little tears came out.

After a few sniffs, he could not take it and cried very painfully.

"Yarra... Yarra... Yarra.." Luke cried between sobs.

Perhaps, it was due to the emotional bond they shared but when he heard his father crying painfully, the little infant on the crib also started crying out of the sudden.

As if reminded of reality, Luke forced himself to calm down and wiped his tears. He smiled bitterly and while still holding the vase of Yarra's ashes, he walked over to the little infant.

At twenty-three years old, what does one know? He was already a father despite his young age. He did not even know if he was holding his child right, but he was more than keen to learn to raise him.

To appease his child, Luke patted his forehead a few times and miraculously, the child stopped crying. It was as if his father's touch was magic.

"I'm only okay now because at the very least, she left me you. For the rest of my life, I will only devote myself to being your father..."

Luke was making hiccup sounds, trying to stop his sobs while murmuring to the little infant he named 'George Arthur Grosvenor' – a name that he and Miss Yarra decided before the incident happened.

Truthfully, Coleman felt very guilty upon making Luke go through this phase.

'Again, I apologise, Young Master... I believe there will be a day where you will get enough power to protect your family and escape from the Duchess' control. You three will be complete again one day.'

Afterwards, even though Yarra was gone, Luke still did not want to go back to Britain.

Although it has made Duchess Antonia very disappointed, she did not think too much of it as Yarra was already gone. As long as that bitch was gone, she was confident that she will get his son back sooner or later.

Meanwhile, Coleman insisted to stay to assist Luke.

The Duchess raised her eyebrows a little upon Coleman's request but fortunately, the wicked woman ended up agreeing.