Chapter 4: The Meeting

As much as Dalena wanted to refuse, she knew that there was no reason to do so.

Hamish have truly proven his capabilities as a butler, since he was able to make a deal that a Dalena could not refuse - money.

Wanting to have money is not something shameful, especially when you're in need of it. Since the opportunity was right in front of her, Dalena accepted Hamish's request rather quickly.

Besides, aside from getting money, she will be able to see that little boy again....

Isn't this too much of a good luck? How was she getting money for something that isn't work? For something that would cheer her up?

Oh well. Maybe the heavens have decided to give Dalena a break in her life for once, making her taste a little bit of comfort.

As Dalena looked outside of the five-star restaurant, she took a deep breath before shrugging and entering inside.

However, upon entering, she was a little bit surprised to find that there was no one inside.

Frankly, it was a little odd. Wasn't the restaurant a very busy one? It was demanded all over the country and to even get in, one had to book several months before.

Even though she was a foreigner in the country, that fact was well-known so she was aware of it.

As she furrowed her brows a little, a waiter suddenly came in front of her. He inspected Dalena's outfit closely before speaking.

So what? Dalena could not care less about what she wore. She had almost wanted to roll her eyes at the waiter. She was currently wearing an old dress that was even her mother's possession. Along with the dress are sandals and a tote bag that she got as freebies from one of her jobs.

It certainly isn't an outfit that would match the restaurant's atmosphere, but Dalena did not feel disgraceful.

After all, it was the best outfit that she could wear. She did not care about what anyone else would think of her and for her, it was a big joke to spend money just for a new set of clothing.

She has all the essential things and it's enough.

"Miss Dalena Angeles?" the waiter asked.

Dalena put her lips in a grim line and nodded a little.

"Please follow me. They are waiting for you in the VIP room." he said once again, showing Dalena a polite smile.

"Thanks." she replied formally.

Mindlessly, Dalena followed the waiter and in no time, she entered a large, fancy room. It looked more elegant than what she saw before, with fancy chandeliers and gold antiques surrounding the whole place. Needless to say, it was really deserving to be called the VIP room of the restaurant.

Apart from that though, what caught Dalena's attention was the little boy sitting on one of the chairs with two men.

Her face instantly brightened upon seeing the little boy, her lips curving into a wide smile and staring only at him. Dalena couldn't help but give him a little wave, which the little boy instantly gave back.

Afterwards, she drifted her gaze from the little boy's face and looked towards the two men with him. Only one of them was familiar, which is the person she had met, Hamish.

So the other one... who could it be? Dalena only took a quick glance at the blond man before shifting her gaze at Hamish.

"Miss Dalena, thank you for coming. Please take a seat." Hamish announced.

With no choice, Dalena sat on the single chair that was across the father and son pair in front of her. She immediately looked at the little boy again, who was smiling giddily at her. 

However, she could not help but feel a little chilly when she felt an intense gaze directed to her. By instinct, she looked at the person staring at her and could not help but gasp a little.

The blond man seating next to Little George seemed frozen and a little stiff as his eyes stared at her a little bit too long, a little bit too intense...

With that, Dalena's heart could not help but race a little. She was nervous. Isn't that blond man a little too unusual? What if she got herself in trouble by suddenly accepting the request?