✧twenty

Rori's pov

"Cole?! What are you doing here?" I could already feel myself getting hot and sweaty.

"My family comes here every year. You knew that." He smiled at me then looks over at Avani.

"Hey! Im Cole."

Avani just nodded her head and smiled. "Avani."

"How do you guys know each other?"

"Umm... he's from my hometown. He was my ex boyfriend." I laugh awkwardly as i look away.

"Oh." Avani froze.

"Anyways... is this your first time coming here? I can show you around."

"No its okay I thi-"

"Okay lets go." He grinned as he led us towards the food court.

He just rambled on and on about god knows what.

My goal was to get away from Cole before Vinnie comes down.

But like all plans, this one failed.

"There you guys are." Anthony shouted as he walked behind Avani giving her a bear hug.

I twisted my head all around to see Vinnie walking towards us.

"Hi babe." He kissed my cheek. "Is this the tour guide?" He questioned absolutely clueless.

"Tour guide? No! I'm Cole." He answered Vinnie.

"No way! Thats my middle name. Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"Wait. Cole? From back home?" Anthony stared at Cole than at me.

Thats when Anthony let go of Avani and started laughing as he ran around the cafeteria.

"No way! No way this is happening!" He cried out in fits of laughter.

I wanted to kill him.

"Whats up with him?"

"No clue. Lets go find out." I reach for Vinnie's arm. "Bye Cole." I wave immediately as i pull us way from the scene.

Avani reached him before us and got him to stop laughing like an idiot.

"Lets go explore." I cheer.

"Babe chill. Hawaii isn't going anywhere." Vinnie laughed as he wrapped an arm around me.

"I know. I'm just excited." I smile at him as we follow the other couple towards the line to the buffet.

"Babe thats enough!" Vinnie laughed as i piled mac & cheese on his plate even though he said one scoop was enough.

"I hate you." He whispered as we moved along to the see the rest of the food.

Then once we were done we found a table for four people.

Avani and Anthony were still wandering to see what else the buffet had.

"Hey Rori?"

"Hmm?" I glance up from my plate to look at him.

"You look very beautiful." He had the biggest smile on his face.

"Thank you, Vin. You look beautiful too." I reached over to hold his hand. My face felt hot.

"I'm really happy we came here." He continued.

I nodded along and stole some of his overflowing mac and cheese.

Avani and Anthony finally sat down and told us they found the ice cream machine.

Then the guys got in a serious argument over the best ice cream flavor.

So i took this time to go and get myself another smoothie.

I walked off reaching in my bag for my cash.

I ordered 2 of their berry mixed smoothies. One for me and one for Vinnie.

"How much does it cost?" (SPEAKING OF COST. YOU GUYS SHOULD GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER VINNIE BOOK CALLED OPPORTUNITY COST ;)

I handed the cashier the money and stood on the side.

As i waited peacefully, Cole came over to me.

"You look happy."

"Huh?" i question him.

"You and that guy."

He pointed over at the table.

"Yeah im very happy." I smile.

"Does he care that im here? Considering im your ex of 2 years?"

"Why would he care?" I laugh awkwardly.

"I dont know. I feel like couples dont like their girlfriends around their ex."

"Okayyy." i raise a brow in confusion as i grab the smoothies and make my way out of that situation.

But he grabbed a hold of my arm.

"I hope he makes you happy. Cause clearly i couldn't."

"Do not touch me." I pull back with my wrist. "You're fucking weird."

"Stay the fuck away from me. Okay?" I shot him a glare before heading back.

But i couldnt help but hear him say, "I wonder if he knows who you really are."

—sweeteasaint

cute