✧forty six

rori's pov

"I will literally bash my head into a wall. Please tell me your lying." Kio complained while we walked down melrose.

"No im not lying. That's what the text said." i sipped my coffee with sadness.

"Well Vinnie would never cheat." He shook his head.

"I know he wouldn't. But if he's not cheating then what is it that i can't know?" i raised my brow.

"Maybe they are planning a surprise for you?"

"For what? it's not my birthday." i crossed my arms.

"I think you're overthinking it all."

"Maybe i am." i let out a sigh.

"There has just been so much drama going on in my life... i don't think i can comprehend the fact that it's over. I can't let my guard down." i shook my head.

"So are you going to ask Vinnie why he's meeting up with Jasmine?"

"Fuck no! Then he'll get mad at me for looking at his phone."

"True. This is all your fault for being nosy."

"I know Kio!" i shouted.

"I think you have call Beckham and ask for his advice."

"I already tried.... he never picked up." i pouted.

"Wait! So Beckham was your first choice for advice?" Kio got offended as i nodded my head slowly.

"Alexa.... play Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo." he crossed his arms and walked faster.

"Kio!" i laughed as i caught up to him.

"So what do i do?"

"Just wait it out?" Kio shrugged.

"Okay but we have to hide." i smiled at him innocently.

"Hide for wh- YOU DIDNT." Kio's eyes grew wider once he realized why we were in Melrose.

A few block down was the restaurant Vinnie was supposed to meet Jasmine at.

"I hate you!" Kio groaned as we hid behind a wall so they wouldn't see us.

"I need you to pretend that you're going in to get food."

"But i'm not hungry." Kio responded which made me want to die.

"I don't care if you're hungry or not! Go in there and order food. Vinnie will notice you and you can just play it off as if you were hungry. Then tell me what they are up to."

"Okay fine!" he rolled his eyes.

I hid behind the wall and watched as he walked a few stores down. He entered the restaurant and after that i just had to wait it out.

Vinnie's pov

"So what are you showing me?" I raised a brow at Jasmine and the lady in front of me.

She introduced her as her mom. I thought it was weird she was making me meet her mom.

"So i went to see my mom.... and i told her about Rori. Then after a while she told me that she had a feeling she knew Rori."

"Okay....." i looked at them confused.

"Have you seen any baby photos of Rori?"

"Yeah. Her parents are in town. They showed me some. Why?"

"Do they look anything like these ones?" Jasmine pulled out a small stack of photos and laid them out on the table.

I analyzed each baby picture and my heart sank. These looked like duplicates of the photos Rori's parents had showed me.

"I don't understand." i shook my head and looked at the older woman.

"I was young when i had Aurora. I gave her up for adoption and the Reeves family took her in right after i gave birth.

"Dan and Lora would always send pictures of her to me. But as time went on they stopped. I tried reaching out to them asking if i could meet her one day. They just wrote back saying Aurora wasn't interested."

"Well do you blame Rori? Her whole life she spent thinking you never wanted her. Why would she want to see you?" i looked at them confused.

"Because i am her mother."

"How old are you Jasmine?"

"I turned 18 last month."

I looked back at her mother. "Rori is 19. So you mean to tell me that you gave up Rori because you weren't ready, yet a year later you had Jasmine.... I understand things change but that will destroy Rori. Like yeah she'll understand that you couldn't handle having a baby at the time, but then finding out you had another kid and kept that one." i crossed my arms.

Maybe i was being over dramatic. But i know Rori more than she thinks i do. I refuse to let this chick ruin Rori again.

"I understand that you want to meet Rori now.... but have you ever thought about if she wanted to meet you?" I stood from my seat.

"Also... she doesn't like being called Aurora. She goes by Rori," i corrected her before leaving.

—sweeteasaint

thank you for 790k !!! i'm so sorry it's taking so long for me to update.... i be kinda busy

 i be kinda busy