Chapter Twenty-one

Cade's POV
The next day Kyle, Jordan and I are sitting in the living room. We're watching Friends of course. After a few episodes I get a text on my phone.

Hey Cade. It's Alyssa. Would you be interested in hanging with me and some of my friends today? We can grab lunch and I'll introduce you to the group.

I look up at my brothers for a second. They don't notice me look at them. I then text Alyssa back. It actually sounds like fun.

Sure. That sounds like fun. I'd love to meet the group I text back.

Awesome. I'll be by in a few minutes she texts back.

"Kyle. Jordan. Would it be ok if Alyssa and I went out today?" I ask.

"Of course, Cade. You don't have to ask. We would love for you to go out with a friend" Kyle says.

"Awesome. She'll be here in a few minutes" I say.

I go upstairs to change. I put on sweatpants and one of my Friends shirts. I do my hair for today. I walk back down and see Kyle and Jordan sitting at the kitchen table. I think they are pretty excited for me to go out with a friend. Maybe even make some other friends. I'm pretty excited too. I'd be ok with just hanging with my brothers all day but I do want to know what it's like to have friends. I join them at the table.

"You excited to go out, buddy?" Kyle asks.

"Yes. It'll be good to get out for a while" I say back.

The doorbell rings and I go to answer it. I see Alyssa when I open the door. She greets me with a nice smile. I give her one back.

"Hi Cade. I'm so glad to see you" she says with a smile.

"Glad to see you also, Alyssa" I say back.

"You ready?" she asks.

"Yes I am" I say back.

"Awesome. Let's go" she says. We walk out the door and head to her car. Kyle and Jordan tell me to have a fun time. I'm surprised that they didn't tell me to be home by a certain time. I guess they know that I have my own life and friends now. I like that about them. We get into Alyssa's car and she starts driving.

"You'll be able to meet everybody at lunch today. Have you ever been to The King's Café? That's where we're going" Alyssa asks.

"I don't think I have" I say back.

"It's mostly a place where college kids hang. I doubt your brothers have ever been here. It's super fun though. The food is so good. You'll love it" she says.

We talk while she drives. She's very well spoken and really knows how to hold a conversation. Maybe she can teach me to do that. Not that I can't. I'm just not the best at it. She drives for a few minutes and we come up to the café. It looks like an awesome place.

"Alright. Here we are" she says.

"I don't think I've ever seen this place" I say.

"It's an awesome place. We come here all the time" she says.

We walk in and come to a few tables. There are a group of people at the tables. Five guys and four girls. This must be the group Alyssa was talking about. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of them. Maybe for once in my life I'll have found friends to hang with. One of the guys really has my eye.

"Hi everyone. This is Cade and he's the newest addition to our group" she says.

"Cade. This is the group. Going down the line, this is Evan. He's a psychology major" Alyssa says. Evan has short brown hair, brown eyes and looks about 5'11. Damn he's hot.