Chapter Eight

I look out the window as we drive to the mall. I've never been to this part of town before. I've never really seen anything beyond my own house. It's good to get out and see new things. That's what Angela always told me. We'd go out every day. Now it's good to go out and get some time with Jordan and Kyle. Today will be fun because I'll get so many new clothes and the best part is I can get whatever I want because we have the money for it. Life is good.

We pull into a parking lot and I see a huge building. Wow. If this is the mall I can't wait to get inside. I bet it looks like a palace with all kinds of stores. I get really excited when I see the building.

"Alright, bros. Here we are" Kyle says as he turns his car off.

"This is the mall here?" I ask as we get out of the car.

"Sure is. You ready to go in, buddy?" Jordan asks.

"Yes I am. Let's go" I say excitedly.

The three of us walk to the entrance of the mall. We walk in and I'm amazed by what I see. All the stores that I see get me so excited. I can already tell that We'll be here the entire day. I want to look in all of the stores for new clothes. It's almost like this is a new universe that I'm in. I look around in amazement. Kyle and Jordan look at me with smiles on their faces. They must know that I like what I see.

"You like the look here, buddy?" Kyle asks.

"Yes. I do" I say back excitedly.

"Is there any store you want to check out first?" Kyle asks.

"I want to see them all" I say back with a smile.

"I know one that you'll probably like" Kyle says. Jordan and I follow Kyle down most of the mall. We pass by all the stores there. It makes me even more excited to check them out. We finally come to a store called Express. It really looks like one I want to see.

"Express?" I say.

"Yep. Jordan and I come here all the time. A good amount of our stuff is from here" Kyle says.

"Awesome. Let's check it out" I say back excitedly. Kyle leads us in with Jordan and I follow. When we walk in I'm already loving the store. There seem to be a lot of things that I would wear.

"You wanna look around?" Kyle asks.

"I'd love to" I say back.

"Alright, big guy. Pick out whatever you'd like. We can afford anything" Kyle says.

"You're not going to pick stuff out for me?" I ask.

"We'll be here to help if you want us to but we think that you should pick out your own stuff. It's your shopping spree, Cade" Kyle says with a smile.

"Awesome" I say back with a smile.

I run around the store and pick out multiple t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts. All in different colors. Kyle and Jordan let me try all of them on and I love every one of them. I then find several pairs of black sweatpants that I like. Sweatpants are mostly all that I wear. I don't like jeans or any other kinds of pants. Just these. When I put my stuff on that I came here in I walk back out and see Kyle and Jordan waiting for me outside.

"Is that it for this store, big guy?" Kyle asks.

"Yes. I'd like to see another store now" I say back.

"Alright. Let's pay for this stuff" Kyle says.

We go to the registers and pay for all of the stuff I picked out. When it's all in the bags we walk out and look around for a new store to go to. We walk by a few but they don't catch my interest right away but I do want to look in them. We walk to the other side of the mall when Jordan gets a smile on his face.