Chapter Fourteen

Jordan and I wake up. We smile at each other and than kiss. He looks so cute when he's not fully awake yet. I'm so glad that I get to call him mine.

"Good morning, cutie" I say to Jordan.

"Good morning, big bro" Jordan says back.

"Listen. There's a woman coming to talk to Cade today. She's a therapist" I tell Jordan.

"A therapist? Kyle. Cade doesn't want to talk to a therapist. He made that very clear yesterday" Jordan says.

"I know but I found this woman last night. She's had the most success out of all the therapists I've researched. I really think she could help Cade" I tell him. Jordan looks at me for a few seconds. He almost looks like he disagrees with me.

"Kyle. Just hear me out. I really don't think Cade needs any help. He's a perfectly functioning guy. Besides Angela, he just doesn't know how to make friends that well from being in isolation for eight years" Jordan says.

"That's why this woman is coming to talk to Cade. Just to help him be more social. I really think she could help with that" I say.

"And we can't? We're his brothers" Jordan says.

"Let's just let this woman help first" I say.

"As you wish. Just leave me out of it" Jordan says with an eyeroll

Jordan and I get out of bed. Cade is in his bedroom watching Friends. Jordan and I shower and get dressed. We walk downstairs. Jordan runs out to get us frozen yogurt. He's back in a few minutes. We sit at the kitchen and eat. A few minutes go by when there's a knock on the door. I run to open it.

"Hi. Kyle Ahlberg?" she says.

"Yes" I say with a smile.

"Hi. I'm Gretchen. We spoke last night" she says.

"Wonderful. Come on in" I say. She walks in and I take her coat and hang it up. She walks into the living room and I talk to her for a second.

"Now you said Cade is 18?" she asks.

"Yes. Correct" I say.

"And you said that he said he wanted to speak with me?" she asks.

"...Yes. He did" I say.

"Alright. I'll speak with him now" she says.

"Alright. Let's go upstairs" I say.

We walk upstairs to Cade's room. When we get to his door I knock on it. He's still in there watching Friends. Hopefully this woman will be able to help him get out of the house more. Maybe he'll be able to make friends. I knock on his door.

"Cade? You still in there?" I ask. Cade walks to his door and opens it.

"Hey" he says.

"Cade. There's someone here who wants to speak to you" Kyle says.

"...alright..." Cade says.

Cade's POV
Kyle walks downstairs and a lady I've never seen before comes into my bedroom.

"Hi Cade. My name is Gretchen. It's wonderful to meet you" she says with a smile.

"Ok. Do you need something from me?" I ask.

"I just want to talk to you for a while" she says

"About what?" I ask

"You. Your brother Kyle said that you wanted to talk to a therapist about your life" she says. I look at her like she's crazy.