Chapter Ten

The next morning I wake up and see Cade asleep next to me. I have my arm wrapped around him. He looks so peaceful. I'm glad I was able to calm him down last night.

I look at Cade. I don't know why but I'm having very weird feelings for Cade. Why do I feel like this? My heart belongs to Kyle. But Cade really needs someone. Right now I just want to stay with Cade and never let him go. I swear I will never let anyone hurt him. It's mine and Kyle's job to make sure that he's in good care. It should have been like that from the start. Brothers or not Cade will be in good care with us. After a while Cade wakes up.

"Good morning, buddy" I say when he looks at me.

"Good morning, Jordan" he says in a calm voice.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm alright. I feel a lot more comfortable from yesterday" he says.

"Good. Did it help having me in here with you?" I ask.

"It helped so much. Thank you, Jordan. You're the best" he says wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm happy to, Cade. I'm your older brother. This is what I'm supposed to do" I say with a smile. Cade and I sit in his bed for a while longer. Just hugging. We smile at each other every now and then. I rub his back more and he gets a big smile on his face.

"Are you hungry, buddy?" I ask.

"A little" he says back.

"Why don't you take a shower and get dressed. I'll get Kyle and make breakfast. The three of us can eat together" I say.

"Alright. That sounds fun" Cade says.

Cade and I get out of bed. Cade walks to his bathroom and turns the shower on. He usually takes longer showers. I have a little bit of time. I walk into my bedroom to wake Kyle. When I walk in, he's not there. That's strange. He and I always wait for each other to go downstairs. I put on a pair of black pajama bottoms and a white t-shirt. I walk out of my bedroom and try calling Kyle no answer. It smells like shampoo and soap in our bathroom. Maybe he got up early and went somewhere. Still weird though. He would wait for me so we can shower together. We never go anywhere without each other. I walk down to the kitchen, turn the lights on and see a note from Kyle.

Ran a few errands.
Be home later.
Kyle

That's so weird. Kyle and I always run errands together. I guess he woke up early and went out. Somebody has to be here with Cade. Not that he can't be left on his own. He's perfectly capable of that. It's just so weird that Kyle would take off and not wait for me. I guess that he'll be back soon. I see Angela's number next to the phone. I decide to call her and ask her some questions. I dial her number and wait for her to answer.

"Hello. Angela Mercer" she says when she answers.

"Hi Angela. This is Jordan Ahlberg. Cade's other brother.

"Good morning, Jordan. How are you?" she says in a friendly voice.

I'm good. Thank you. How are you?" I ask back.

"I'm well. What can I do for you?" she asks.

"I...uhmm...listen. Last night, Cade had a bad dream about the night he was taken to the Group Home. He was talking in his sleep and I could hear it from my bedroom. Has this ever happened there?" I ask.

"Yes. That would happen from time to time. I'm surprised that he was talking in his sleep. He would usually scream bloody murder. I'm glad that it's gone to sleep talking. Normally I would be able to calm him down very quickly if I went into his room and sat with him for a while" she says.