Chapter 3 🔥

The plant wrapped around the pilar starts to wrap around Riven's neck. He tries to pull them off but it doesn't work. "Okay Terra I get it. He pissed you off and he shouldn't have said what he said but let him go." She looks back at him. I'm starting to panick. I can see him struggling to find air. "Terra!" She keeps looking at him. "What's that Riven ? I'm sure it's really funny but I can't quiet hear it?"

I go over to him and before I can start to help try and get him free she let's go of the control. The plant let's loose his grip. I caught him as he stumbles slightly. His left arm wrap around my waist. "You could've killed me you freak." My heartbeat normalizes. "Missed you too. You should be likely she always finds a way to protect you."

Terra turns and then walks away. The guy from earlier too. Riven looks at them a last time. Loses his grib on me and storms off. So much for talking to him again. When I finally reached our suite again I find Stella on the couch. The other girls surrounded her. "What's going on ?"

They all turn to me. "Your best friend sended Bloom back to earth because she is jealous now there is a burned one after her." My eyes widen. I knew Stella still has strong feelings for Sky but shit this is next level. "Stel why would you do that ?" I walk closer to her. She closes her laptop. "Come on Ava don't be mad. If this was Riven then .." I cut her off before she could finish the sentence. "Don't bring him into this."

I turn on my heel and start to walk out the suite. Everyone stares at me. "Well come on. We must find Bloom." They all scatter out the door. I look at Stella. Disappointment filling my heart. I close the door and go with the girls. We must find Bloom. Likely we find Bloom just outside the barrier. "Are you okay ?" She turns around. Frightened.

She nods fiercely. "Yeah I think so. What was that thing ?" I forgot she knows nothing about this world. "Wait where is Stella?" Bloom is shaking with fear. "She's at school. Why ?" Bloom swallows. "That thing just took her ring." Well that is one thing Stella will definitely be pissed about.

We go back to the school. We all make sure that Bloom is okay after her scare. She gets in bed and I go to my room. Stella is not there so there is only one place she'll be. The other girls get ready for bed. They get in bed as I walk to the door. "Where you going ?" I stop. Turn to look at Terra. Musa looks at me too. "I need fresh air." I close the door behind me.

Terra's POV

Musa and I watch as Ava closes the door behind her. "She's lying." Musa looks at me. I nod my head. I figured that much. "I could feel it from her. She might be an excellent liar but her emotions tells a different story." I get into bed and pull up the covers. Musa waits for me to say something. "I'm sure she went to Riven." Musa looks at me with confusion in her eyes. I just shake my head and turn of the lights.

Ava's POV

I sit outside Riven and Sky's dorm room. Back against the wall with my knees pulled to my chest. Elbows resting on them. After 15 minutes I hear footsteps. I lift my head and see Riven come to a halt before the door. Frown visible on his face. "What are you doing here ?"

I look back down to my fingers. "Well I know you usually go to smoke around 11:30 so I took the chance to wait for you." He nods and then asks again. "Okay but why outside ?" I laugh silently. "Because I know Stella is inside and I don't feel like talking to her right now." He nods his head. Slides down the wall next to me. "Why?" I swallow and just take in his presence next to me. "Because she did something really stupid tonight and the more I think about it the more I realize I would've done the same."

We sat there for a few moments of silence. "What did she do?" I sign. I could just as well tell him. "She saw Bloom and Sky talking. Got jealous and decided to talk Bloom into going home because this place isn't her home. It's not right for her. Bloom then almost got killed by a burned one. Likely Mrs Dowling stopped it."

He takes a few seconds to process the information. "So you would've done the same ? I don't get it." I look at him. I don't know if he's doing this on purpose or what he's gaining from it. "If it were you Bloom was talking to or flirting with. I would've done the same. Jealousy would've taken the best of me." It feels good to admit it out loud. I turn to look at him to find him already looking at me. "You broke up with me, Ava."

With that he stood up. "I think you should go and sleep." He opens the dorm room door and before I can speak again he closes it. A few tears are dropping down my face. I whip them away angrily. I get up from the floor and go back to the suite. I sneak in quietly so that I don't wake anyone. Put my headphones on and start to listen to some sad music.