Chapter 17 🔥

"Well he has a obvious crush on you. Your not going to do something about it ?"

Wow. She knows how to push my buttons alright. "No I'm not. I'm not interested." I look out the window. Trees passing as we go further and futher. "Okay then is there someone else?" Why is she so interested in my love life. Did Riven mention something? "Like who?"

I need to test the waters. See what she knows. "Sky, of course. Riven told me how close you two are. Is Stella the problem? I get it you know. Can't steal your best friends boyfriend." I notice Bloom shift in her seat uncomfortably. "No it's not Sky. He's like my brother in every way possible."

She nods. Hopefully she'll drop it. "Oh I see. It's a mystery man. You gonna share with us? You might as well. It's just us gals." I want to laugh because I'm sure if she knew she'd be less pleased with herself.

"I rather not talk about him. It's complicated." Before she can ask more or make more comments Bloom cuts her off. "Leave her alone Beatrix. It's her love life. She can deal with it her way." I feel the gratitude in my heart. Beatrix became silent as I wished.

Maybe an hour later we arrive at a cliff. We get out and walk to the edge. "Aster Dell was a town right? Are you sure this is the right place?" I guess I'll learn what we're here right about now. We keep on walking. Beatrix a little bit at the front. "I'm positive."

I look over the fields. The mountain is really old. I've heard stories about this place I'm sure. "How could it be marked on a map if it's on a mountain?" Bloom is confused but not nearly as confused as I am. I feel a sudden rush of magical energy. It's growing.

Bloom looks at the ground. Poking around in the grass. I turn and see Beatrix with alot of electric power in her hands. That's the magic I felt. "You two aren't the only powerful fairies at Alfea." He magic is strong but it's definitely not stronger than Bloom's.

Bloom takes a few steps back. Cleary frightened. Bearrix throws the energy against a barrier we couldn't see earlier. It starts to dissapear. We turn around slowly. There are alot of burned down houses. Aster Dell. "Welcome to Aster Dell." I feel the magical energy fade. She can only manage to draw that amount off power over a small period of time.

"It was a beautiful place. People just trying to live their lifes but burned ones surrounded them. A group of mergers from Alfea decided that destroying the creatures is more important than the lives of the people here."

This place is burned to the ground. I see skulls of people everywhere. There is definitely a magical energy source here. Maybe that's why Beatrix could consume that amount of power. "This isn't real. Your making this up." Bloom is so not believing her. I'm having a hard time as well.

"I pierced the barrier of a magical spell that Queen Luna places to hid this from everyone else." She looks at both me and Bloom. "The leader of our realm decided to erase a war crime." Suddenly I hear a crack in her voice. "I was born here. My family died here. Two days before your first world birthday."

I can see the sadness on Bloom's face. Realization coming through. "You think my family was killed here ?" Beatrix nods. "Not think. Know." Bloom shakes her head. "How would you know." Beatrix whips some tears. "I've heard the stories. I've seen the bodies. The death. Then someone scooped me up. I saw them."

Bloom looks at me. "Who did you see?" Beatrix looks past Bloom at me. Our eyes lock. "Dowling, Harvey and Silva." I shake my head. Go and stand infront of her. "Your lying my dad would never hurt innocent people." I'm angry now. How could she do this. "Then why are they covering it up?" I stare at her.

Tears are streaming down her face now. "They did it to protect you Ava." I frown. I don't get it. "The burned ones wanted you dead. Queen Luna ordered every guard to kill them. They went into hiding. So when they came to hide near Aster Dell they decided to attack and erase all chance of you dying. Including the people living here."

I keep staring at her. I don't know if I can believe a word she says. My dad would never do something like this. The clouds grow darker. Then the barrier starts to over shadow the village again. Bloom stares at me for a while. Then pulls me into a tight hug. "It's gonna be okay." She whispers in my ear.

We decided it's time to go back. All the way I'm quiet. Trying to wrap my mind around what Beatrix told me. I don't take in any of their conversation. My mind is racing to about a 100 miles per hour. I hear Beatrix say something about Rosalind being alive. I pull myself from my world.

"Dowling told me that she was dead." Bloom sits straighten up in her seat. "Dowling imprisoned her. I'm at Alfea to break her out." Beatrix glances back at me. Suddenly there are two arrows struck in the tire. The car comes to a halt. Beatrix gets out but her feet are stuck in the road. Dowling places two wrist bands on her wrists. "What are these things?"