Season 2 - Chapter 3 🧠

We arrive at the shop and the others wait outside as I follow my dad inside. "I cannot believe you decided to break me out. That was very reckless, Ava." I nod and sit down on the couch next to him. "I know, but I couldn't just let them take you away like that." He nods and pulls me closer as he kisses my forehead. "I was getting a killer Airbnb rate on this place. So, I'll expect some form of compensation. All right?" Dad looks to his right as I lift my head. "Wine's good. Whiskey's better. Don't cheap out, and for this whole hobo situation." He gives Dad a razor that he smiles at and looks at me. "It's from the nineties but the blades are still good, just let me know how many bandages you need." Dad smiles before looking at me. "This is my daughter, Ava, Ava this is Sebastian, he was my student."

I look at him and extend my hand to shake his. "Nice to meet you, Sebastian." He smiles and takes my hand. "You too. I have heard about you a lot." I raise an eyebrow. "Have you now?" He nods and I smile shaking my head. "Thank you for taking in my dad." He pats Dad on the back. "Anytime." I notice Bloom leaning against the doorway. Dad looks up to meet her eye. "Sorry, Saul, uhm..." I don't even try to hide my annoyance. Dad looks at me. "Sky will come around. Don't be angry with him or try to push him away." I chuckle and throw my hands up. "I am angry, Dad. You raised him. You made him who he is and now when you need him, he just decided to ignore you like you are nothing?" Dad looks down and takes my hand.

"If it was you in his shoes, how would you react?" I jerk my hand away as I stand up. "You're forgetting I'm pretty close to his shoes, but I would never, ever abandon you like that." Bloom steps forward to try and comfort me. "I think..." I lift my finger towards her. "Don't you dare defend him?" I grab my jacket and storm out as I hear Dad calling me and the stares from everyone else, but I just ignore it. Once I got back to the dorm grab my bow and arrow. I need to release some serious stress. As I grab them, I pull out my phone sending a quick text. Will I be able to see you tonight? I lock my phone and get dressed into something more fitted for exercise. As I leave the dorm my phone beeps. I'll swing by at midnight. Dorm or our spot by the river? I smile as I read the text. Look around to see if someone is watching before a sent a quick reply. Our spot.

I go down to the training room. At the beginning of this year, Dad convinced Queen Luna to invest in some technology upgrades for the specialist training, one was a special stimulations room designed for arrow practice. Well, you'd probably be able to practice with any weapon, I've only ever practiced with arrows. I punch in my name and details, tonight I want it as hard as possible. I don't want to think, just do. I hit hard, and the door opens. I step inside and it slides close behind me. Within seconds my surrounding changed. I'm in the forest. It is dark and quiet some birds chirping but no other noises. I listen closely as I try to get my mind clear and focused. Not for long before the simulated burned ones start to attack.

I'm quick on my feet moving and dodging attacks. I "killed" every single one without a scratch on me. The door opens and someone is clapping hands. As I step out, I see Andreas leaning against the doorframe. "That was impressive, Ava. Did Silva teach you?" I bit my tongue to try and keep myself from uttering a word. "He escaped today, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?" I shake my head and pack away my bow and arrow. "No, I don't." He smiles and walks over to me. "You're beautiful you know that? You look just like your mother." I flinch at the words. Not sure if he meant Amanda or my biological mother. Does he know I'm adopted? "Amanda used to have all the guys' attention, including mine, and in the end, she still fell for Silva." He chuckles and a sort of relief fills me when he mentioned Amanda. "If I can be honest, I always thought you and Sky would be in a relationship, one the other hand I'm glad that's not the case. I like Bloom." I nod and try to walk past him.

How is your magic situation?" I jerk my arm away. "Still gone." I nod and get out of my way as I rush to get back to the dorm. I ignore everyone and head straight for my room. Midnight strikes and I slowly get out of bed. Stella is fast asleep. I grab some shoes and tiptoe out of the room. Closing the dorm door as quietly as possible. He is already waiting for me by the river. He turns towards me and smiles. "I'm so glad you are okay." I nod and walk into his open arms as he hugs me. Gently rubbing my back. "Thank you for being so supportive." He nods and captures my lips. "Of course. I'll do anything for you, Ava." I smile and stand on my tiptoes to kiss him.

His hands traveled down my back, cupping my ass nudging me to jump and I do. Wrap my legs around his waist and deepen our kiss making him moan. I tuck on the hair on his neck, and he nips my bottom lip asking for access, which I grant. He goes to sit down with me straddling his lap. I pull away to take off his shirt and mine before we continue.