Chapter 18 ❄

I open the car door to get to where Beatrix is but Dad grabs my arm. He pulls me into his chest in a tight embrace. "You scared the hell out of me." Bloom is full on screaming for them to let her go. My heart is pounding against my ribs. They put Bloom back in the car. Harvey gets in the back with her and Dad puts me in the front with him.

We're on our way back to Alfea. The ride is quiet. I see Bloom glances my way every now and then. I just stare out the window. Still trying to process everything. As we get out we're embraced by Terra, Musa and Aisha. "We were so worried. What did that bitch do?"

I pull away from them. See as Dad removes her from the other car. They take her somewhere. "Nothing. She's not a monster. " I can't believe Bloom's defending her. "Bloom she killed Cullam." I turn and look at them. Wide eyes. Bloom doesn't believe them. She keeps going back to Beatrix's stupid theory. "Bloom just stop okay. Just stop."

They all turn to me. I shake my head and push through them. I can't deal with this right now. I need time. I need answers. I bump into Stella. She is cleary a mess. She pulls me into a hug. "Stel you okay?" That's when I saw the suitcases. "What's going on ?" She smiles and whips her tears. "I'm glad your okay. Mom is taking me back to Soleria."

Before I could ask more questions Queen Luna comes to me. "Ava." I step back and look at her. "Thank you for always protecting my daughter. I need you to finish your training. The moment your done I'll send someone to come get you. You need to be at your rightful place. Soleria." I look back at Stella.

She's not saying anything. She stares at the ground. "I'm going to train Stella. She'll be under my protection untill you can join us again." I nod and step aside for her to pass. She walks by and Stella gives me one last look. "Look after yourself Stel." She smiles and disappears out the door.

I really need an escape. I go out to the specialists training ground. Make myself comfortable on the deck as I lay down. The stars are bright tonight. "You okay?" I turn my head sideways. Riven stands there. "I'll be fine." I turn back to look at the stars again. "I'm sorry." I feel how he gets on the deck. Comes to sit close to me. "I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you. That you always have to worry and never be sure with me. I'm sorry for being a shit."

I look back at him. Frown and sit up again. "Riv, don't ever apologize for being who you are. I'm inlove with that guy. Don't go and criticize him." He looks at me. Just look. "You're inlove with me?" I look ahead of me again. "I thought I made it obvious with me constantly pulling at you."
Not far from here I can see Dane trying to talk to Terra again. I hope she forgave me. Well she had to I mean she did hug me. "I'm not good with the feelings shit." I nod my head. I know that well. He shuts himself off. Make the world see a dick version of him.

"You don't have to hide from me." I look back at him. He pulled his knees up to his chest. He's not making eye contact. "I'm sorry about Beatrix. I know you cared for her." That broke my heart to admit it out loud but I can't deny the facts. Now I feel his eyes on me. Against everything in my mind I lean over. Kiss him softly. He immediately kiss back.

I pull away before we get to caught up in the moment. "I should get some sleep and so should you." With that I stood up. Jump down from the deck and disappear into the night. My room will not be the same without Stella. I get ready for bed and Bloom knocks at my door.

"How you feeling?" I turn and look at her. I shrug. I don't know how to feel. "I'm not sure. On the one hand I want to believe Beatrix I mean I saw Aster Dell the other is my heart that knows my dad would never do that." She nods. She looks down and then back up again. "And Riven?" I'm suprised she asked about him. I shake my head.

"I had hurted him so much all to protect him from that crazy bitch Stella calls a mom. I love him Bloom but he's starting to really like Beatrix. I can't stand in the way of that. As long as Queen Luna is there I'll never be able to fully be with him. As for Beatrix they don't have that problem." She stares at me and then goes to leave but stops. "Have you every thought off maybe telling him all about it ?"

I look at her. I can't tell him. I'll risk losing him for good. I much rather have him as a sort of friend then have him as nothing. If Queen Luna ever found out. It'll be his end. "I can't Bloom." She nods and then adds. "Your scared to take the leap." With that she closes the door behind her.

I stare at the door. Leap ? I've been taking a leap everyday since I broke up with him. If she as little as know I have slight contact with him. I refuse to even think what could happen. I wonder how Mom handled her relationship with Dad. How I wish she was here to give me some advice.

I look over to where Stella's bed is. Now empty. Today I lost my best friend too. I'm uncertain about the things Beatrix told me. I know that Mom died trying to fight of burned ones but is it really my fault she's dead? I feel tears drip on my hand. I go and curl up against my pillow. Hugging it tight to my body.

I notice the picture frame on my nightstand. It's a picture of me and Riven. I smile as I trace my finger over it. I would give anything to have that day again. With that my eyes falls shut.