Chapter 5 🧠

Stella is daydreaming. Probably about Sky again. Outside the classroom we can see the specialist train. Sky and Riven are at it again.

Both of there strikes this morning are powerful and filled with anger. I know I'm the cause of Riven's mood but Sky's? What's going on there ? I heard that he will help with getting the ring back. So I suppose that means he and Stella are back together. After class Stella asks me to join her. She wants to go talk to Sky. So we make our way over to where the specialists are training.

Dane's POV

I'm busy training with a girl. I must say she is pretty fucking good. I need to focus on the task at hand. I also noticed that Riven and Sky are watching us train. "Sweap the leg." I know that's Riven and before I can process what is happening I'm knocked over on my back. The girl got some serious moves alright.

I go over and see Sky leaving. Riven stays put. I sit down and pick up my phone. See that Terra has been texting me. Riven whistle at me. "Get off your phone." I look up at him. "I'll listen to you because?" He pushes himself up on the platform.

"Because you full crept on my Insta last night and I haven't told anyone." I look at him. Eyes wide. Of course he knows I like a picture. "I was just curious about all the second years and my finger slipped." He begins to laugh. "Oh your finger slipped."

I feel myself getting warm from the neck up. "I'm feeling generous. Don't know how long I'll feel this way so a piece of advice. First, pick your friends carefully and second being a specialist is not about being the biggest or the strongest. It's about strategy."

He stands up. Calls a guy over and show me some good tricks. He takes the guy twice his size down with ease. "You see." I smile and look over to the others training. I see Sky with Stella and Ava. I didn't even notice Riven speaking to me again. I keep staring at Ava. "What are you staring at ?"

I look at him. He jumps down and before I can dismiss it he looks over in the same direction. "You looking at them ?" I points over to them. I slowly nod. "Yeah, it's just last night Ava stood up for me and this morning I caught her when she run into me."

He looks at me. Frown on his face. "So what ? You have a crush on her now ?" I smile slightly. Look over at them. She is clearly not interested in what their saying. "I might." Suddenly I can feel them atmosphere between us change. He is tensed. Almost angry. Alot angry. "Look man, she didn't stand up for you. She was trying to impress me. This morning run was not to look for you she does it every morning."

I look back at him. He picks his bag up. He is definitely angry with my interest in her. Before I can say another word he storms off. I look after him and turn back to where she is standing.

Ava's POV

I pay little to no mind to the conversation happening infront of me. I get it. We need to get the ring back without Mrs Dowling knowing. She took an oath to the Queen of Soleria. That means she'll let her know and Stella would be in deep shit.

I look around and see Riven storming off. I frown and look back from where he stormed off. I see Dane staring at us or more like his staring at me. He waves at me but I decide to ignore it. Turn back to look where Riven stormed off to. Nowhere to be seen.

"Thank you for letting me sleepover last night." That words brings me back to Sky and Stella. She steps closer to him. They embrace in a hug. "Of course." They hug for a few minutes and then pull away. "So let me know if you found out about the quiz."

I frown at her words. What is she talking about. "Hi Mr Silva." I turn and see Dad approaching us. He nods at Stella. She turns to me. "I'll see you back at school." I nod and she turns and walk away. "You don't have to lecture me I'm already lecturing myself in my head." I laugh at him.

I know he cares for Stella and that she is my best friend but I also know that their relationship is not good. They are so codependent on each other. Toxic at worst. "My guess is you would ignore your own lectures as well." Sky looks back to where Stella is now dissapearing.

"She's not as bad as you think." I nod my head with the statement. She's not she just needs to learn how to exist on her own. "Yeah and still Ava needs to protect her from the dangers of this world as her guardian and you are her comfort when she has no one else."

Okay if he puts it like that it's alot more complicated. My mother were the head of the royal guards of Soleria. Queen Luna's head of command. So when she had me it was my destiny to became the next guard of the next heir of Soleria. Stella. I've trained since I was 6 years old. My magic is unbelievably strong for a 17 year old.

I'm probably better than most specialists here today. My whole life is arranged to protect Stella. That's my duty. Although my father doesn't approve much.