Season 2 - Chapter 4 🌊

I woke up with the feeling of someone tugging some hair behind my ear. My eyes flatter open and I'm met with his. An instant smile makes its way onto my face. "Morning, Beautiful." The birds are chirping and the sun is leaving its early morning trial behind. "Morning." He leans down and kisses me softly. "I should get going. I'm pretty sure the other are up already." He nods and helps me up as I search for my clothes. Our spot at the river gives like a small hidden cave which is very comfy and nobody knows about. "I'll see you later?" He nods and kisses me one last time before we both go our own way. It's crazy how hard I fell for him. I hear voices in the suite making me well aware that everyone is up. I try to softly open the door but as I step in all eyes are on me.

I notice an unfamiliar face and a few boxes that are still left while the rest are being unpacked. "Morning?" It came across awkward as I'm trying to make myself look presentable. "Ava!" Terra is the first one to shoot up and walk over to me. "Where were you? I saw you leave the suite after midnight and you never came back?" I can hear the concern in her voice but I shrug as I walk past her to go sit next to Bloom on the couch. "You were with Riven, weren't you?" I pull my left leg up on the couch and frown. "Riven? Why do you think that?" Bloom moves some of my hair away. "The love bites in your neck maybe?" I slap her hand away, covering the marks with my hair again.

"I thought you said you two are over?" Terra is not happy I can hear it in her voice, luckily Stella jumps in for my rescue. "Terra, she can date whoever she pleases, how about you introduce Flora to her?" I nod in appreciation of Stella and look over to the new girl. "Of course, this is my cousin Flora. She's going to be joining us and sharing a room with you and Stella." I smile at the news, well, more of a fake smile but I smiled. Got up from my seat and offer her my hand. "I'm Ava, nice to meet you." She smiles and shakes my hand. She turns to look at everyone. "Really, can I please convince all of you to stop being so helpful?" No that she mentioned it I notice everyone is unpacking her boxes. "Then we find Terra at night with a headlamp doing it all herself." Bloom tells Flora which we all agree to.

Terra shrugs in defense. "I was saying Flora grew up all over. Bit of a wild lifestyle for my aunt and uncle's work." Flora goes to sit next to Terra as they open another box. "As wild as horticultural research fellows can be." Musa nods with a hint of impressiveness. Aisha of course is the first to come in with the actual science talk. "And you're actual cousins? Like actual cousins?" I throw a pillow at her, because to some people that can be very offensive. "Second cousins by marriage, but weirdly we have the same crooked pinkies." They jokily wrap their pinkies together as I pull some stuff from a box. "Coffee?" Flora hands me over the coffee beans as I take them with excitement and sniff.

"Flora you are saving my life." I hold the packet for Bloom to smell as well as Flora smiles warmly at us. "All my favorite people in one place, I can't believe how lucky I am." Musa smiles and answer. "Lucky is one word for our current situation." Flora frowns as she tries to understand what is going on. "We have a new and extremely questionable headmistress." Aisha reminds us all about the curfew in place because of the missing twins. "The water pressure in the showers is not great either." I smile as I appreciate Musa trying to lighting the situation. Which turned dark as soon as the mention of Devin happened. "How about I help you settle in our room." I grab a box and have Flora follow me. I interrupt Stella's call to her mother. "Stella, please don't be mean." Flora enters shortly after.

"I'm late for training. I'll catch up again later." I look at Stella over Flora's shoulder as I rush out to meet up with the others at training. Sky and Riven are the two in my pool today. I tie my hair up in a bun before grabbing two swords and walking over. "Can you stop saying 'smoke show'. We all know Beatrix has you whipped." As soon as the words left his mouth, he saw me approach. We lock eyes but not say a word. Riven must have sensed the tension because he looked up at me. "Don't give me that look, Sky is right. Beatrix have you wrapped around her evil little pinky." Riven gives a sarcastic chuckle. He hands me a bag. "When are you going back to fairy training?" I take the bag from him. "Not anytime soon. Whatever your girlfriend did, it really messed with my magic. It's so weak I can barely feel it, not to mention actual do something with it." I notice how Sky looks over to Andreas, removes his shirt and goes into the ring. Riven comes to stand next to me.

"I don't like this version of Sky at all." I turn my back on them and warm up for session with Dane. I can see his head is not in it as he doesn't even try. "Dane, get your head out of your ass." He looks at me shocked that I'm so harsh but he just surrenders. "Ava!" I turn to see Beatrix walking over. "What do you want?" She smiles at Dane and then links our arms together. "Rosalind wants to see you. Something about one-on-one session getting your magic in shape again."