Chapter 13 🧠

Terra is full on ignoring me this morning. I tried speaking with her again but she just gave me her back. Musa frowns. She clearly doesn't know about last night. It's probably better. Aisha comes back from her swim. Stella is in the bathroom most likely been an hour already.

Bloom knocks on our door. I invite her in and she closes the door behind her. She goes and sits down at the desk. "May I ask you about your magic ?" I knew this would come up eventually. I nod. Pull out some clothes to get dressed.

"I thought you were a mind fairy ?" I go and sit down at the end of my bed. "Not really. I can feel magic from other fairies. When they use it and how. I can tell how strong they are also but that's it." Bloom nods her head.

"Last night your sword was surrounded by blue flames?" How will I explain this to her. "I'm an ice fairy. That's the blue flames. Not really flames more like really cold ice. My mom was an ice fairy. We were the last of our kind. She was Queen Luna's protector."

Bloom listens with interest. "My mom fought in battles next to my dad and Sky's father. When she got pregnant she made sure only a few people knew. Because our magic is so rare she wanted to protect me. She died in a battle shortly after my birth."

I feel tears drop on my hand. I whip them. "So my dad raised me alone with Sky's father. Mrs Dowling obviously helped alot. I became Stella's guardian just like my mother was Queen Luna's guardian. I'm trained for battle since the age of six."

When I look up at Bloom I see tears running down her cheeks as well. "I'm sorry to hear about your mom." I just nod. She gets up and we hug for a few minutes. Stella comes in and Bloom pulls away. "We'll talk later." I nod and she walks out. Stella just gives me a look. I get dressed ignoring her.

Beatrix's POV

Beatrix's POV

I swipe through Instagram. Click on Ava's profile. I scroll down her pictures. She's really beautiful. She's got long, toned legs. Blue eyes with rosy cheeks and blonde hair. She's got fucking strong magic too. I kind of envy her.

"What are you obsessing over?" Riven asks. We're in his room. I still don't know what he and Dane fought about last night. He won't tell me and Dane either. I scroll down a few more pictures. He pushes up and looks over my shoulder.

"Ava ?" I nod and zoom in on one picture. I don't get why one girl could possibly be this good. I know Dane has a crush on her. She's not paying him much of her attention. "Yes. She's quiet interesting. She killed a burned one last night."

I keep scrolling. There is something about her. I can't quiet place it. "Yeah and tomorrow everyone would've forgotten about it." I keep staring at her photos. I can feel the change around Riven. The moment he found out I was looking at her posts his attitude changed.

"I won't." He signs. Leans in and whispers in my ear. "Is this going to be one of those weird obsession movies where you change your hair. Kill her and then wear her skin?" That gets my attention off the posts. "Don't be disgusting." I push at him.

"I've got better skin." He laughs and I look at him. There is something in his eyes. "Well then I'll just have to fight for your attention." He starts kissing my neck. I smirk and then turn back to the posts. "Like I'm fighting for yours?"

He stops and look at me confused. "These last couple of days your attention is surely not with me. I can feel it in the way you act. In the way you kiss me. What's going on?" He shakes his head. Gets of the bed. "Your imagining things." He goes to the bathroom but I know his hiding something.

Ava's POV

I went to look for Riven at the specialists training but they told me he hasn't been there today. I don't have much time to search for him futher so I just go to meet up with Stella. Queen Luna is on her way.

Just as Sky leaves I arrive. The cars come to a stop too. "You're late." Stella whispers. I nod and then straighten out my clothes. The driver steps out. Smiles at us and then opens the door for Queen Luna. She looks at us. Smiles and walks closer kiss both me and Stella on the cheek. "You look stunning."

Stella smiles at her. A compliment from your royal highness. That's a first. "Hi Mom." Stella smiles from ear to ear. Maybe she wishes things different this time.