Season 2 - Chapter 5 💨

Rosalind is seated behind her desk as I enter. "Ava, please take a seat. Bloom was here a few moments ago doing some reading." I nod and notice the book still open on the table. "What can I help you with?" She smiles and stands up from her desk. "I realize this has been a very difficult time but I need you to start focusing on your magic." I chuckle and cross my arms. "I have no magic." She shakes her head. "I do not believe that is the case." I shrug, turn to walk away. "If I don't see you in my next class, you can consider yourself expelled." I nod and leave her office noticing the smirk on Beatrix face. I storm outside in search of the others. I notice Bloom, Stella and Aisha seated not far away. I walk over to them. As I get closer, I can make out the conversation, Bloom is talking to someone on the phone. "Rosalind closed the library. She said she's weeding out inaccurate propaganda." She looks up as I reached them. She smiles and pats the grass for me to take a seat.

"Always a good sign when a leader controls access to books." Stella is a bit negative I picked up. Something is bothering her but she's not talking about it. "My house. There's one at my house." I immediately recognized my father's voice. "The bookcase in the sitting room. I know where it is." Bloom nods and Stella takes my hand. "Ava?" Bloom hands me the phone. "Yes, Dad?" It is quite for a moment. "I'm not sure if Sky would want to go with Bloom and I don't want you out there without your magic." Before I can make another mean comment about Sky, Bloom takes the phone again. "I have class off to do reading for Rosalind, I'll go, besides Ava needs to be in class, Rosalind made it clear this morning she wants you back." I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "What did Rosalind say, Ava?"

Dad sounds concern and I don't want him to worry. "She wants my magic back and if I don't show up for classes I can consider myself expelled." Aisha's eyes almost popped out as I mentioned that. Dad sighs on the other side. "We'll have a talk later?" I play with my fingers as I agree to talking later. "I can help with your magic situation." Sebastian's voice comes clear through on the phone. I lift my head up. "How?" The others look curious too. "Well, while your dad tried to turn me into a specialist, I used to spend months and months in Alfea's library reading and gaining knowledge about magic and how it relates to fairies and other creatures. I'm a bit of a history geek." I smile as he speaks. "You say your magic is weak?" I nod and clear my throat. "Yeah, like it doesn't exist." I can hear them shift around. "Come by the store this afternoon, let's see what we can do."

Bloom grabs my hand and shakes it with excitement. "Yeah, I'll came by just first need to get through Rosalind's lectures." Bloom ends the call. "Well, I'm going to go and search for the book. You guys go to class, make everything seem normal. Ava, I hope Sebastian can help you find your magic." I nod and get up from the ground. Rosalind's lesson was all about the history of our realm. The same history Bloom have been reading to her. Her eyes land on me and she gives me a short nod but carry on with her class. After class I pack up and make my way out. I arrive at Sebastian's store and open the door. He is standing behind the counter. "Where's my dad?" He looks up and nods towards the back room. I nod and place my bag down. "You look tense?" I nod. "I don't like the idea of Bloom going to my house alone, I don't like the idea of me having to stay away from there."

He walks closer to me. "I think that might be one of your problems. You are to tense and that is blocking your magic." It makes sense after everything that happened with the burned ones, I haven't been able to just take a moment to actually breath. "Easier said then done." He chuckles and then my dad appears. "Dad!" I rush forward and hug him tightly. He immediately hugs back. "What is this about Rosalind wanting to expel you?" I shake my head as I pull away. "A way to control me?" He nods and pull me into another hug. "Can you help her, Seb?" I turn towards him and he nods. "I'm sure we can reach the source of the problem." I smile at him. "I'm going to be lying when I say sometimes it's just easier to deal with life without magic." He nods and grabs a book from his shelf. "Especially if you're not sure where you come from and who your parents are." My eyes widen and I look at Dad who has a deep frown on his face. "How do you know, Ava, is not my biological daughter?" Sebastian turns to look at us. "I just assume that seeing as neither you or Amanda were fairies and Ava is. The magic had to come from somewhere and such rare magic as well." Dad smiles and looks to me and I start to relax again. "Well, it doesn't matter, Ava is my daughter even though we are not blood related." He kisses my forehead.