Chapter 11 ❄

I wrap both arms around his neck. Kissing him harder. He moans and bites my bottom lip. Moves to start kissing my neck. I tilt my head side ways giving him more space. I feel him gently sucking on a spot. "Riv, you can't...you...can't." I pull away looking him in they eyes. I need to gather thoughts. "You can't leave a mark."

He kisses my lips again. "I'll make sure it's not noticeable." With that he goes back to my neck. Why do I have so little self control when I'm with him. He returns to my lips. "Okay so how about we .."

We pull apart immediately. I know that voice. Dane. Riven looks over my shoulder. I can't look back at him. I'm completely embarrassed with being caught. "Am I interrupting something?" You can cleary see how pissed Riven is. My phone starts to buzz next to me. I pick it up and see it's a text from my dad.

Burned one dead.

I gently push Riven away. Jump down from the table. "They killed the burned one." Before Riven can say something I'm already leaving. My eyes caught Dane's briefly but I walk right passed him.

Dane's POV

I watch as Ava walks past me. Not even sparing me a glance. I look back at Riven. He's fuming right now. "I guess I did interrupt." He walks over to me. "Yeah what gave you that idea?"

Sarcasm is noticeable. I pull up my hands. "Sorry man. I didn't know you had a girl here. I thought you and Beatrix were something." He runs a hand through his hair. Just turns his back to me. "So I guess not then. You and Ava?"

That cause him to look back at me. "That's non of your business." I'm kind of hurt. He knows that I have a small crush on her and yet he brings her here to make out with. "Riven man she is not some toy you can play with. She's not going to be one of those girls. Not if I can help it."

I have to protect her from him. He'll hurt her. Destroy her at best. I mean he has this thing with Beatrix. My words set him of because he rushes forward. Pushes me against the wall. Arm on my throat. "You don't have to protect her form me. You know nothing of our history so I suggest you stay the fuck out of it."

Just then Beatrix appear. "Easy boys. What's with the fighting?" I look at Riven but he doesn't let go of me. Beatrix takes his arm and pulls it away from me. "It's nothing. We're just setting boundaries." She nods and then let's it go.

Ava's POV

I rush outside. Looking for Dad. I don't know if Sky heard but I'm sure he will. I found him sitting on the deck by the pound. I push myself up. "How do you feel Dad?" Something is wrong his eyes are starting to look black. The same way it did when we first found him.

He is so close to tears. His hands are rambling. "You said they killed it." He smiles and nod. "They did." This doesn't make sense. He looks at me. "Then why isn't your body healed?" He can't look me in the eyes.

"The one they've killed mustn't have been the one who attacked me." He looks at me. I feel how my heart is cracking with the pressure of my tears inside. "Clearly there are more than one of those creatures out there."

I refuse to accept this. "So they'll keep looking." He cuts me of mid sentence. "It's to late Ava." I feel my sadness push aside. Anger taking place. "You told me to wait." He places his hand on mine. "That was all there was to do."

I rip my hand out from under his. "The one thing you always told me about mom was that she died fighting. Now your just going to lay here and take it. Fuck that." He tries to reach out to me again.

I pull away jump down from the deck. "Ava.." I keep walking. Anger burning inside. "Fuck that." I keep moving forward.
As I go and gear up I walk into Sky. "What are you doing?" I look at him. Frankly I don't care if he tries to stop me I won't stop. "I'm going to save my dad. So you can stand here and lecture me or .."

He grabs a sword. "Let's go." I smile and we take of in a jog. At the stone circle we find Bloom. She's practicing her magic. Failing actually. She tells us all a out her being a changeling. I'm not suprised. Sky is supportive. We tell her our plan and then she starts to walk to the forest like it's calling her.

"I think I can feel it." We look at one another. "The burned one. I think it's in the forest." We look at her and then the forest. "We have to tell Dowling right away." I take of sprinting. Sky right on my heels and I'm sure Bloom follows too.

We go through the barrier. We need to find it. "It's so close." Sky and I pull our swords out. Back to back. Bloom spins around trying to find sight of the thing. "I still wanna know why you can track these things." Wow Sky great way to go into battle. Not the time for a lesson. "It's a mystery to me too." We turn and look at all ways.