Chapter 23 🌏

I got changed and follow the others to the training center. Each of us place in groups. Bloom, Sky and me are training together. "You guys go first. I need to see how this works." I see how see keeps looking down at her phone. Probably waiting on Dane to send her details about tonight.

I grab a sword and the whip. Place the whip rolled up on my left side. In it's holster. Sword in my right hand. We're back to back. "Where is it?" I shake my head. I don't know. I can hear it pretty clear. Suddenly it jumps on us. We scatter and are now separated from one another. We try but it clearly shows us whose boss. "Fuck, we're pathetic today." He gets up.

I can see he's not completely in this. "Your worried about your spy game." I look over at Bloom. Eyes still fixed on her phone. "How did you ?" I smile and look back at him. "I'm not an idiot Sky. I know when a person is being watched." He just nods. "Hey, Bloom. Your turn." She looks up and puts her phone away.

They didn't get much futher then we did. Professor Harvey gives us some tips and then I spot Musa, Aisha, Dowling and Dad walking by us. They all look at us. "They've been watching us like hawks." She points a finger at herself and me. It's true. Dad is on my case 24/7.

Terra's POV

A girl gives me a compliment about how I handled things today. I feel kind of insecure about it. Not used to compliments. I thank her and start to explain but my words die out the moment I see Riven approach and sit down. The girl walks away.

I look down uncomfortably. "Ten cell strength. Hot." I don't know what to make of this comment so I decided to keep quiet. "She's right you know. You were a force out there." This suprises me. I look at him to see if he's joking but detect no smile. "Thanks. You too."

He begins to laugh. "Fuck off. I was shit. After two attempts at me I should quit combat and switch to support." He's upset. He doesn't see that he's good. "Well it's been a weird week." He nods his head. Look down at his hands. "I'm sorry I know you and Beatrix were uhmm close. So this must be really hard."

I see him shaking his head. Not Beatrix. "It's not Beatrix that's bothering you ?" He begins to laugh and look at me. Maybe I said the wrong thing. "Finally someone who gets that." I keep staring at him. I know how deeply he cares for Ava. I know that she cares to but something is holding her back.

"Sweet moves Riv. I've never seen somebody die so quickly in so many ways. You should sign up for Alfea's got talent." Dane really did turn out to be a huge asshole. "What was that ?" Riven shakes his head. "That was a shitty burn from a first year monster I created or that Beatrix created." I feel my anger towards him again. "He's still got like a hard on for her." I look at where he dissapeared too. "Well I'll see you in a bit." He walks away. Leaving me stunned with the fact he was so nice.

Ava's POV

After our training session I took a long hot shower. Just to see how Terra is placing more plants in my room. "Terra why?" She look at me. I'm still standing in my towel which is obviously making her uncomfortable. "Well you have all this free space now. Might as well use it." She pushes past me.

I watch as she goes to grab more. Again she enters with Musa on her heels. "Do you miss, Stella?" She spins around. "No. She was mean and insulting and, and, and left without saying goodbye." I look back at her. "It was her coping mechanism." Terra just nods at my word. I'm changed into a T-shirt.

"Would you like me to insult you ? Would that make you feel better ?" Musa asks. I chuckle and she Terra in a spin. They leave my room again. I hear them talk outside but pay it no mind. That's when I felt the sudden light energy. Like the room is filling with light. I look up and see it's just my bedside lamp turned on.

Then suddenly one of Terra's pot plant falls to the ground. I got a fright and the girls except Bloom ends up in my room. Staring at the broken plant. "Can we agree that it's green enough." Aisha looks back at Terra. She looks down but nods. Musa puts a comforting arm around her shoulders and they leave.

I wonder if Bloom is still going to go through with it. There's a knock on my door and Bloom enters. "You wanna come with ?" She stares at me and I sign. "You go. Fill me in when you get back okay?" She smiles and then leaves. I really hope she doesn't get caught. I pick up my phone and dail Riven's number.

It goes straight to voicemail. I hate that he's avoiding me. I get up and grab some clothes. I'll just go see him in person then.

"Where are you going?" Musa frowns and Terra raise an eyebrow

"Where are you going?" Musa frowns and Terra raise an eyebrow. "I'm going to look for Riven." With that I left. I first go to the deck. Nothing. He won't go out to the barrier this time of night. He's room it is then. I make sure to sneak in. Not being caught.

I knock at the door twice and then open it without answer. I almost bump into Sky. "Ava, what are you doing here ?" I look over his shoulder to see Riven on his bed vaping. Sky nods his head. "I'll leave you to it. Got a meeting with Silva." I smile and he kisses my cheek. Pass me and out the door.

Riven looks up at me. "Your not answering my calls." He nods his head. "Yeah because I don't want to talk." I walk over to him. Sit down on his bed. "I'm sorry. Sorry for hurting you the way I did. Sorry for fucking you up. I'm so sorry." I don't know what else to do. I can only apologize. He doesn't look at me.

I move back so that my back is also rested against the wall. We sat there in silence for a good hour. "I should probably go back. Get some sleep." As I stand to leave he grabs my hand. "Stay." I look back at him. He puts the vape down. Moves and gets under the covers pulling me down to lay with him.

I went and layed down next to him. Cover myself with his covers. He lays his head on my chest and wrap his arm around my me. I start to play with his hair. Feeling how my thoughts are running loose. A little while later he's fast asleep and Sky returns. He looks at us and we make eye contact. I give him a small smile and he nods with a smile of his own visible on his face.

 I give him a small smile and he nods with a smile of his own visible on his face