Chapter 14 🌊

Terra's POV

I give Sam a glare at his comment. Dad ignores it. There is a knock on the greenhouse door. Sam sits up straighter. I went and open it. Dane is at the door. I feel how my calmness disappears.

Both Dad and Sam jumps up when they see him. I quickly step in. I'll handle this my way. "You didn't answer my texts." I take ahold of the door. "I've been busy." He stares at me and nods. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. You've been nothing but nice to me." I interrupt him. "Yeah I have. I'm a pretty great person Dane. I'm sure you're too but I don't think I care to find out anymore."

I see guilt wash over his face. He looks down. "If it'll make you feel better the girl I like feels nothing for me. She made that clear last night." I look at him. Strangely it does. "Who? Beatrix?" My voice full of sarcasm.

"No, Ava. I walked in on her and Riven making out last night." Now I get it. That's when she got the hickey. "She walked out not even giving me a glance." I nod my head. Idiot. Thinking he has a chance with her. Idiot me thinking I have a chance with him when she's involved.

"Word of advice. Be careful who you trust." I close the door in his face. Dad and Sam both smile at me. Proud that I stood up for myself.

Ava's POV

Stella and Queen Luna went to Mrs Dowling's office. They have stuff needed to be discussed. I walk down the hall towards the assembly. Bloom stops me. I see Aisha walk away. "Come with me." I don't ask questions I just follow her.

As we enter the east wing I kind of feel nervous being here. Can't believe the party was here. I look around the building. All so old. We go down some steps and Bloom tries to push open this wooden door. Just as she got it open someone slams it shut.

I jump at the sound. I see Sky standing behind her. He almost gave me an heart attack. "What are you doing down here?" Bloom got just as much of a fright as I did. She quickly explain to him what we're doing.

The place is full of dust. Old books and pictures all around. "So what's the magic year?" I pick up a few books from a box. Full of dust. Great this is great. "I was born in 2004 so keep your eyes open for anything from then." I nod and start looking through some picture frames.

"I'm not sure we're going to find pictures of pregnant teen fairies." Why to go with the humor Sky. I roll my eyes. "Look for big clothes or a girl holding a stack of books over her stomach." Yeah that won't make it obvious at all.

"Okay if you're going to judge do it like everyone else behind my back." I sympathize with her. She didn't ask for this and yet her she is. Sky laughs. It's been awhile since I've heard him laugh. "People are assholes. You just got to find the good ones."

She smiles at him. Did they forget about me or something. Bloom then looks over at me. Okay they didn't. "I didn't know this existed." I walk over and Bloom turns around. An old photo of when our parents were students at Alfea. "Is that Rosalind?"

I shrug my shoulders. "We knew they're commander was a woman." She takes the photo from his hands. "You look like him." I smile because that sparked something in Sky. The moment they start speaking of family I walk over to another space. I'm not ready to have that conversation yet.

I give glances their way. They're cleary into one another. I just hope Stella would get it. Get that she has to move on. Sky is not the guy for her. There is someone out there for her. Just not him. Bloom makes him smile like I've never seen before.

I look back at some photos. Tracing the outlines with my finger. "Looks like we aren't the only ones up to no good." I know that voice. Beatrix. I exhale with frustration. Place the picture back down again. I slowly make my way to them. I see that she's there with Riven right behind her.

Bloom looks at them and then at me. I just raise my eyebrows. Sky looks down. That's when Beatrix spotted me. "Ava your here too." I just smile at her. Afraid my words would give me away. She steps in and Riven follows. I roll my eyes and I can see Sky watching me closely. "You've seriously been down here looking at dusty rubbish."

Beatrix is at the front. She makes sure to make Riven understand where she stands on the situation. "People who think history is rubbish are rubbish don't be rubbish." I snicker and Sky looks back at me. Bloom quickly makes them know that we weren't looking for company.

Riven finds a lock door. Bloom wants to go in Sky is not willing to break in. I go and sit down at the table. I'm so sick of having to turn ever corner just to walk into Beatrix. "Do we need to talk about consent?" Beatrix walks closer again. I can see Bloom is frustrated. I feel it in her magic. "Why are you even down here again?"

Beatrix looks at her serious. "Being on your side." That made me laugh out loud. "Oh don't mind me. Continue I love a good comedy." Sky snickers but hides it well. Bloom calms at my comment.