Chapter 20 🧠

"You need to get your shit together. You can't jump between Beatrix and Ava. Not one of them deserves it." He looks at me. I just stand up and get in his face. "You can't have both of them." He begins to laugh. "You jealous that both of them are interested in me and not you?"

He's mocking me. I push hard against his chest. He stumble back a bit. The laugh died out. "Fuck you man. You're a fucking dick you know that." I shake my head. Laugh at myself a bit. "I don't need to explain to you what my relationship with them is."

I nod and look back at him. "No you don't. But you might have to explain it to them." I just throw my hands up. I'm done trying to protect them. I'm done chasing Ava when she clearly does not see me. I walk away. I can't deal with his shit anymore. I need to find a way to help Beatrix. At least she noticed me.

Ava's POV

After my shower I went to get dressed.

I finish up and go to knock on Bloom's door

I finish up and go to knock on Bloom's door. I don't get an answer so I just open it. Bloom is seated at her desk. Her head whips to the door as I open it. Eyes big, shoulders tensed. She relaxes as she sees me.

I go in and close the door again. Aisha left for the shower. "You okay?" She nods and look down. I go and sit on her bed. "It's alot you know. To take in." I nod. That is where my head has been all morning except for my encounter with Riven.
"I get it. I've got all these questions with no answers to them." She smiles. Looks at me and turn to take a book from her table. She hands it to me. "So last night I couldn't sleep. I went to the library and did some research on Aster Dell, Rosalind and I found information about ice fairies."

I look shocked but I take the book. "It has all the history in there. I didn't read through all of it just some chapters that said how the ice fairies and fire fairies used to work in harmony. Fight side by side. That the ice fairies got whipped out by a greater forced named Valtor. Whatever that means."

I trace my fingers over the cover. It's so beautiful. I smile at her. "It also states that the ice fairies had their own Kingdom. Castello, place of the Ice." I remember my dad told me stories about Castello. How my mom grew up there. How they were the most powerful kingdom alongside Soleria and Domino.

Domino got whipped too if I remember correctly. It makes sensed that the two kingdoms where whipped out together. If they fought in harmony they had to get rid of both or they wouldn't be able to succeed with their plan. "Bloom this is amazing. Thank you so much."

I get up and pull her in for a hug. Aisha walks in and stops as she sees our interaction. I pull away and I know that Aisha is hurt that Bloom doesn't open up to her in the same way she opens up to me. I pick up the book. "I'll read through this and get back to you about more possible information." She smiles and nod.

I walk past Aisha just to get a cold stare. Musa hides her phone immediately when she saw me. "Please, I know all about you and Sam." She looks wide eye and then blush. "You two are not as good with hiding as you might think." This makes her blush harder.

"Don't worry. She told me all about it last night." I smile and nod. Terra comes and stand with us. "It's kinda gross. My friend and my brother." I burst out laughing. She makes a face of disgust and then leaves. "Well I've got class to get too." Musa nods. I place the book in my backpack and take off to class.

The unsure feelings of before is slightly repressed now. I spot Dane waiting for me in the courtyard. "I don't have time for whatever this is. I need to get to class." He nods and falls in next to me. "It'll be quick." I just nod. "So you know they have Beatrix locked up for what she did with you and Bloom."

I stop and turn to him. He stops too. "She's locked up because she killed someone you ass." He stares at me and I continue my walk. Again his next to me. "She's not a bad person Ava." I ignore that comment. "She's trying to help you. To show you secrets about your life you didn't even know you had." I roll my eyes. "Maybe I'm not interested in those secrets."