Chapter 6 🌊

"I should get back to class. I'll see you later, Sky. Bye Dad." I wave at them and off I go to find Stella. After all the classes I decided to go for another jog. Maybe a swim would be nice too. As I pass the training camp for beginners I spot Riven packing his things up.

I decide to approach him. Ask if his okay but then that girl I saw yesterday walks up to him. Links her arm with his and they begin to walk away. I swear I felt my heart drop twenty one floors. Of course his moving on. You didn't give him much to work with. I whip my face to make sure the few tears on my cheeks are not visible.

I'm done with my jog. Not in the mood for a swim either. I need to go to my music. Get my head out of this place. I enter the music hall. No one is there. I walk over to the piano. Trailing my fingers over the keys.

I sit down and calm my mind. Start with a simple tune. The words will flow when their ready.

I spent all of the love I've saved
We were always a losing game
Small time mind in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game

"Wow that is really, really deep." I stop immediately playing. I turn to the side and see Dane there. "Just something." He nods and walks closer. Grab a chair and move it closer to where I'm seated. "A song that means alot to you."

I just nod. I'm not getting into the details with him. "Who's the guy?" I look at him confused. I shake my head and close the paino. "I didn't mean to prey." I just nod my head. Stand up. "There's no guy. Not anymore at least." With that I walk away. I'm not ready to open up to anyone about Riven.

I bump into Sky as I leave. "Want to grab some dinner with your brother?" I nod my head. This will be exactly what I need to get my mind of Riven. I need the shoulder of a brother. "Okay so let's go drop off these and I'll be ready to go." I nod and follow him back to his dorm.

As we get closer we hear voices inside. I feel my heart hammer against my chest. Sky looks over his shoulder to me but I mention for him to keep on going. Sky opens the door. Leaves it for me to close.

Damn dagger straight through my heart. I see Riven on his bed with that girl by the end. She is reading some book while vaping. Sky looks them over and then at me. I swallow my emotions. I need to focus. They look at me and I see Riven's face slightly drop.

Sky goes to place his books his table. "Hello." She looks at him then at me and smiles. "Oh shit sorry." She offers it to him. He holds up his hands. "No thanks." She turns to me. Hand stretched out. "Hard pass." She smiles at me and take another swing at it. "Day time not smart, Riv. If Silva catches her up here."

Before he can finish his sentence she chips in. "Beatrix." Rude much. I can feel my irritation growing with every breath she takes. "Silva left I made sure. Something about meeting up with the military attachment of Soleria. Ask your girlfriend."

Wait that means things are moving faster than we thought. If they are meeting with the military. That means their going to move the burned one. We'll lose our chance. "Your dating the princess. Shit." Beatrix begin to laugh. "Fuck." I turn and storm out of the room. I hear Sky yelling after me. I need to get to Stella. We need to get that ring back. Yesterday.

I reach Stella tell her everything. We begin to move to the barrier. "So what's the plan army barbie?" Cute nickname for Stella actually. "Bloom I'm curious. Did you ask Aisha to came?" I roll my eyes. I can't believe their are making jokes right now. While they're fighting over negative and positive emotions I make my way through the barrier. We meet up with Musa and Terra.

With a little walk we find the barn. Now or never. I pull the door open to find the barn empty. "Shit they already moved it." Ava. We've got a problem." I look back. I see no Terra or Musa. They're shouting from outside. I walk away from the chains out the door. When I reached them I see soldiers scattered over the floor.

"The burned one is still out here." They both stare at me. I can't make out why and then Terra points to something. "That's Mr Silva." My head whips to the left. I see my Dad with his back against the tree. Blood all over him. "Dad!" I sprint towards him. Terra and Musa follows me. Tears stream down my face.

"Dad please, please. Help him!" He pulls his sword on me. I stop. "Ava please stay back." His eyes are starting to turn black. "Mr Silva it's me Terra Harvey." He looks at her. "I know who you are. Get back." My kneels feels weak. I can't lose him. I won't. "A burned one cut you and you're infected but we're gonna help."