Chapter 20

The tension in the office was almost unbearable. It's like the air was so thin it was hard to breath sometimes but Harry didn't seem bothered at all. He never was or maybe he was just very good at hiding it.

I studied his face over and over again trying to see if he felt just anything at all but I failed to read his stone cold expression as he stared at the monitor.

"What?" He suddenly snapped but his stare didn't leave the monitor.

"Don't snap at me." I roled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Well don't stare at me and don't role your eyes at me either." He snapped yet again and I huffed.

"I don't know what you fucking problem is Harry. I never did anything to you and yet you treat me like shit. I tried ignoring it for so long but I can't stand it anymore." I raised my voice a little but when his eyes finally met mine I held my breath.

"I don't have time for this right now." He said and jumped up from his chair before walking out of the office and leaving me stunned.

"Asshole." I said out loud to myself and spend the rest of the time before lunch break just staring holes into the walls.

I met up with Macy in the cafeteria and we talked a while but my mind seemed to be focused on something else because I was still riled up about what happened with Harry.

I didn't see him for the rest of the day which I was kind of greatful for but also a little disappointed.

Before driving off to Wes' apartment I bought him a tea and a piece of cheesecake from the café next door and got the same for me as well.

I arrived at Wes' good fifteen minutes later and rang the doorbell, hoping that I didn't wake him up.

"Thank good it's you." Wes said as soon as he opened the door to let me in.

"Who else would it be?" I asked and placed the cake and tea I bought for us on the living room table.

"I don't know." He shrugged making me chuckle and shake my head. He thanked my for the things I got him and quickly went to grab two forks so we could eat our cake.

"How was work?" Wes asked curiously as he sipped on his tea.

"I honestly don't want to talk about work." I huffed and leaned back on the couch.

"Oh wow, Harry crawled up your ass again, didn't he?" He laughed and I just showed him the middle finger, making him laugh even more.

"You do know you're gonna be his boss soon? That's gonna be even more awkward oh my god I'm so excited!"

"You really are something else." I shook my head and finished eating the cake.

"I just love the awkwardness and the tension between you two it's so entertaining to witness." He shrugged and turned the TV on to tell me about the show he was currently watching on Netflix.

It was already starting to get dark when I decided to leave and Wes had already napped through half my visit so I didn't want him to try to stay awake just for me.

I drove home in silence and didn't even bother turning the radio on because I just enjoyed the silnce for now.

When I got home I laid on my couch and kept watching the show Wes & I started earlier and before I knew it it was already two in the morning.

As I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling my thoughts kept running back to a particular guy that didn't seem to leave my mind for whatever reason.

Why didn't he like me? Why was my presence alone bothering him so much? Why couldn't he just talk to me like a normal person?

Question after question were flooding my mind and before I knew it I was leaving my apartment in just my pyjama and a rope.

Full with determination I quickly walked down the hallway and took the elevator to get to his floor. My heart was pounding so much it probably made more noise then my footsteps.

As I finally stood in front of his door I held back. What am I even thinking?

I hesitated before finding the strength to knock. For a couple seconds I didn't hear any noise coming from inside so I knocked again.

Suddenly the light shined through the crack on the floor and I thought about sprinting off but as I heard the footsteps coming closer to the door I realized that there was no going back now.

The door opened slowly and there he stood, rubbing his eyes probably trying to adjust to the lighting and also because I may or may not have woken him up in the middle of the night.

His eyes widened as he saw me.

"What are you doing here?"

Well, what was I doing here?

"You can't keep treating me like shit. If you don't like me that's totally fine but you're being such an ass and I hate it! I tried ignoring it but I can't anymore. I just wanna know why you hate me so much."

The silence between us felt like hours and hours but I was so desperate to get answers.

"You should go to sleep Ana. It's the middle of the night." He tried to get rid of me by slowly closing the door but I wouldn't let him.

"No, you don't get to run away from this conversation. I want to have this conversation and I want to have it now doesn't matter what time it is." I stood my grounds and he sighed again, running his hand through his hair.

"I don't hate you Ana."

__________

well what is it then mr. styles ?