Chapter 44

I clicked the elevator button almost fifty times until the doors finally opened. I was so anxious about what was happening that I didn't know how to calm myself.

The second I arrived on the photography floor I heard yelling from where I just had the photoshoot.

I quickly ran over as fast as I could in these heels and saw Harry & Darren at each others throats but no punches were thrown...yet.

"Ana." Wes approached me quickly.

"There she is. Mind telling this maniac that I didn't do anything wrong?" Darren had his voice raised as he tried to approach me but I took a couple steps back out of reflex.

"Don't you dare get close to her!" Wes yelled as he stood in front of me to shield me from Darren.

"You fuckers are delusional." He scoffed and pushed Wes aside, forcefully.

"Tell them!" He yelled at me as he was face to face.

That's when all hell broke loose.

Harry ripped Darren away from me and punches were thrown almost immediately that I didn't even see who threw the first one.

Not many people were down here right now only Georgia and three other guys that did the lighting but they were so shocked that they just stood there, frozen in place.

"Harry stop!" I yelled with tears in my eyes. I didn't want him to get hurt.

"She was practically begging for it." Darren said with a sickening grin on his face which only made Harry angrier.

"Make him stop." I said to Wes and tried not to let the tears fall from my eyes. I didn't want to cry.

"He's not worth it Harry." Wes said as he tried pulling him away from Darren. Both of them had a busted lip and when Darren punched Harry straight in the eye I winced.

As if finally coming back to reality two of the three guys that watched everything happen, pulled Darren away from Harry while Wes & the third guy held Harry back from Darren.

"Georgia, please get security." I said to her and she nodded before running off.

"Don't go anywhere near her again!" Harry yelled as he tried to break free.

"Please stop." I said to him as soon as I stood in front of him, placing my hands on either side of his face to make him look at me.

"Please stop." I repeated and run my thumb over his bruised eye, making him wince.

I took both of Harry's hands and Wes & the guy let go of him as I pulled him away to give him a hug. I'm sure I needed the hug more than he did but that didn't matter.

"Now I get it. He's your little secret boyfriend." Darren laughed and Harry pulled away from the hug but I held onto his arm so he wouldn't start fighting again.

Suddenly, Wes' fist collided with Darren's face with so much force that Darren fell on the ground.

"Bastard." Wes rubbed his knuckles as he walked towards us and patted Harry on the shoulder.

Seconds later Georgia came in with two security guards who took Darren out of the room and I immediately called an employee from the personnel office to have Darren fired.

"I'm sorry I ruined your photoshoot." Harry turned to me as he said that.

"Nonsense." I waved him off and we made our way to the elevator.

The whole way Harry held my hand but as soon as we stepped out of the elevator he let go. I sighed a little disappointed but when he suddenly wrapped his arm around me instead, I looked up at him in confusion.

"I thought-" I started but he didn't let me finish.

"I'm in love with you Ana. No matter what." He confessed, making me blush.

"Everyday I fall in love with you a little more Harry." I told him and he kissed my temple as we walked down the hall to my office.

I knew people were staring, whispering and wondering about us but I couldn't care less.

-

"3...2...1...it's out!" Someone announced as I sat in a meeting with a couple employees early monday morning.

My dad was facetiming me from Portugal and waved the magazine in front of the camera to show us that it was already on newsstands across the world.

Today was a great day for business. We had the most exclusive interviews, photos and stories in that magazine and it was so exciting to see it finally out for everyone to see.

So many celebrities wanted to be a part of the special anniversary edition and it was so hard to decide on who would make the cut. When the magazine was out to pre order last friday people had already broken the website and I'm positive everything will be sold out in no time.

"Thanks everyone for such an amazing release. I'm so proud of everything you achieved and especially my daughter who is leading this company to even greater success at the tender age of 22. You worked so hard for this honey I'm more than proud of you." My dad said and thanked everyone for their hard work.

"Thanks dad." I smiled happily before we said our goodbyes.

After the meeting things were calm again. People didn't run around the building like their life depended on it. We all had time to breath now which was nice.

The moment I entered my office I gasped as I saw Harry standing by the window with a bouquet of flowers.

"Congratulations!" He said as he heard me coming in.

"Thank you." I grinned and wrapped my arms around his waist as I looked up at him.

"Someone ran around telling everyone how fast the magazine was selling. The numbers literally sky rocketed the second it was released." Harry told me even though I already knew but I loved how excited he was.

I lifted my hand up to his right eye and saw the bruise from last week was almost completely gone now.

"Thank god this is almost fully healed." I said and moved my hand to his lip that had also healed over the past couple days.

"Yea, but people are gossiping a lot. About the fight, about us being together and all that but I think they'll come around." He shrugged and I agreed before he leaned down to press his lips onto mine.

__________

fav song at the moment ? i gotta know 🙃