Chapter 6

"Morning." I said as I opened the office door and saw both Wes and Harry already there, turning on their computers to start the day.

"Morning." Wes replied while Harry didn't even look up from the screen and just like that the awkward tension began.

I hated whenever Harry was in the office. He didn't make me feel very welcome but I couldn't say that I wasn't at fault. He just frustrated me and I took every opportunity to make him feel the same way he was making me feel.

The phone suddenly rang and Wes looked at the screen to see who it was before picking up.

"Good morning Mr. Clarens." Wes said into the phone and I inched closer trying to hear what my dad was saying.

"Oh, alright. Sure. I'll tell them."

Tell who? And what?

As soon as he hang up the phone he turned to me and I raised my eyebrow, waiting for him to tell me what he said.

"Mr. Clarens said it's time for you to have a change of scenery so he said you should tag along with Harry for the day." He announced and tried to hold his laughter in because he knew we weren't exactly getting along.

"What?" Harry & I said in unison.

"Boss' orders." Wes shrugged and tried hiding his annoying smile.

"Great." I muttered under my breath so they couldn't hear but by the glare I suddenly noticed on Harry's face, he certainly did hear me.

It's gonna be a long day.

"See you guys on the break?" Wes asked as Harry was about to leave the office while I was just standing there not knowing what to do.

"Not sure." Was all that Harry said before leaving the office, not making sure if I was following or not.

"What an asshole." I said out loud, making Wes laugh while I send a last glare at him before stepping out of the office as well and leaving Wes alone.

I saw Harry waiting by the door that lead to the staircase so I walked over to him but kept my distance as we both started walking down the stairs instead of taking the elevator.

Two floors down we stooped at a door and I figured that Harry just didn't want to wait for the elevator since it could take a couple minutes sometimes and taking the stairs was much faster.

Just then I realized that I was finally going to find out what he was actually doing when he wasn't in the office and to say I was surprised when Harry opened the metal door was an understandment.

"Photography?" I said more to myself than I did to Harry who took a quick glance at me as I said that.

We were standing in a huge room what looked more like just the whole floor and in every corner there were different set ups where there seemed to be fotoshootings for the magazine.

In one of the corners I noticed multiple desks with computers and people who were discussing pictures that were shown on a bigger screen. Others where furiously clicking around which made me think that they were most likely editing the pictures.

"Come on." I heard Harry say as he walked towards me with a camera. I hadn't even noticed him leaving to get the camera since I was so surprised about all this.

And for the next few hours or so I watched Harry taking pictures of other people. Models.

The longer I watched him work the more boring it got. At first I was very much interested in all this but since I couldn't do anything at all, sitting around became very boring and I was praying for them to be done soon.

Harry hasn't spoken to me since we got here let alone take a second glance at me. He probably forgot that I was even there so I decided to go up to him and say something.

"Harry." I said, trying to get his attention as he was talking to another guy who was working on the lighting.

"Harry." I repeated myself since he didn't hear me the first time.

He turned around with a raised eyebrow as if not knowing who was calling for him until his eyes settled on mine.

Yet again he wasn't saying anything and I figured he was probably waiting for me to talk.

"When is it time for our break?" I asked, simply.

He glanced at a watch that was hung up on the wall before looking back at me.

"I guess now." He said and said something else to the other guy before walking with me to the elevator with his camera still in his hands.

I noticed people blocking the staircase with props for the fotoshoots so I guess that was why we were now waiting for the elevator.

"So that's why you're not in your office that much, huh?" I stated the obvious.

"Yea." He said, trying to keep our conversation at that but I for once wanted to actually try and get to know him incase this whole not liking each other was just a misunderstanding.

"Since when do you work here?" I asked another question.

"Couple years." He answered, sounding a little irritated.

"Not very talkative. No surprise there." I muttered but I guess he could hear me since he turned to face me and when I looked up at him he was glaring at me.

"Or maybe it's just because I simply don't want to talk to you." He said before turning his attention back to the elevator and leaning forward, pressing the button a couple times as if it would get here any faster.

Soon we got into the elevator and Harry pressed the button to get back to the office where we could hopefully stay for the rest of the day. Being with Wes in the office was far more fun and enjoyable than being with Harry and his annoying attitude.

I don't think I'll ever understand this man. Not that I wanted to anyways.

I watched Harry fiddle with the camera in his hand and noticed that he was wearing multiple rings on his fingers. The most surprising thing however were his painted nails which I've never noticed before.

With a ding the elevator door opened and we quickly got out before walking towards the office where I already saw Wes with his legs up on the desk, eating a sandwhich.

"Ah there they are. I was just about to accept the fact that I would finally have a break to myself for once." Wes joked around as we entered the office.

I took my usual seat next to Wes and grabbed the food I took with me from my purse.

"Always in a good mood you two. I love it." Wes said sarcastically so I looked up to actually send him a genuine smile.

And just like that Wes & I started chattering about everything and anything throughout the whole break while Harry was doing his own thing a couple feet away from us.

To my disappointment Harry said it was time to get back down after the break was over. I had really hoped we could stay up here with Wes because I couldn't take the awkward tension between me and Harry anymore.

Harry was already out of the office before I could even get up from my chair. I roled my eyes in annoyance because I hated that he was always so impatient.

"I'll wait for you later." Wes said as I was about to leave the office.

"Okay." I answered quickly before walking towards Harry who was suddenly carrying two boxes with his camera dangling from on his wrist from a little string.

"What's in there?" I asked as we got in the elevator.

"Props." He answered and nodded at the buttons, signaling that I should press the button since he had his hands full. I did just that before leaning back against the wall on the opposite of Harry.

Suddenly, the the elevator shook a little and stopped abruptly.

_______________

sorry for letting you guys wait oops

what do you think is going to happen ?