Chapter 45

I was woken up by someone brushing their fingers up and down my arm as gently as a feather.

I groaned as I rolled over onto my other side and away from the hands that were disturbing my peaceful sleep.

"Good morning, darling." Harry mumbled in my ear as he leaned over from behind me and pulled me into his chest.

"Hmm." I hummed in response, cuddling close to him.

"We have to get up, sleepyhead." Harry said but by the way he was holding me I doubt he even wanted to get up in the first place.

"No." I protested and flipped around in his arms again so I was face to face with him but my eyes were still closed.

"We're going out for brunch remember?" He said and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I relaxed and let myself drift off to sleep again after just a couple seconds of silence.

"Ana." He said a little louder, making me jump and open my eyes for the first time today.

"You're annoying." I groaned and pulled away from him to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom.

If anyone hasn't noticed yet...I'm most definitely not a morning person.

After I had forced myself to take a shower I just stood there in my towel for good ten minutes doing absolutely nothing other than standing in silence.

"You done yet?" I heard Harry asking after a while.

"Yea yea." I replied and opened the bathroom door in just my towel before I walked past him to my room.

I knew he was staring at me but if there was any time I felt the least sexy it was definitely in the morning so I just went on to change into a pair of jeans and a cute blouse.

I matched my outfit with jewelry and finished of the look with a pair a plain white vans that I bought not to long ago so they actually still looked white.

Waiting for Harry felt like an eternity. Well, ok maybe ten minutes but still.

We decided to walk to the restaurant which was only fifteen minutes away because the didn't have many parking spaces and we were would've been a little early anyways.

"Harry, do you think that maybe we should move out of our tiny apartment?" I asked about ten minutes into our casual conversation.

Technically, we were living in my apartment the second we started dating. I don't think Harry has spend more than an hour at his own apartment for the past couple weeks so the thought of officially moving in together seemed like a good idea.

"I like it the way it is." Harry replied not giving me anything to work with here.

"Well yea, I like it too but don't you think it's a little small for the two of us?" I asked, cautiously because he didn't seem to be thrilled by the idea.

"It's not the mansion you're used to but it's good enough." He said and quickened his pace as he saw the restaurant from down the road.

I dropped the subject, a little disappointed by his reaction but didn't question him any further. He knew this was coming sooner or later.

"Ana! Harry!"

My mood immediately lifted as Mary and Richard, Wes' parents, waved us over to their table. We all hugged each other before sitting down.

"The birthday boy isn't here yet?" I chuckled because it was so typical for Wes to be late to his own birthday brunch.

"He texted me saying he's running late." Harry said and I furrowed my eyebrows because apparently he forgot to mention that to me.

Richard and Harry immediately engaged in a conversation when Mary suddenly placed her hand on my knee.

"You alright honey? I heard your anniversary magazine did so well a couple weeks ago! Congratulations! I forgot to mention that when we talked on the phone." She said, making me smile as I focused on something else other than Harry right now.

"Thank you! I'm very happy how it turned out and I actually have a couple copy's at home you can have one if you'd like." I offered and Mary nodded, excitedly.

"How are things with you two?" Mary asked after a while and pointed at me and Harry.

"We're good." I answered with a shrug. We were more than good. Perfect even but I hated that he shut the idea of moving somewhere else down so quickly without even considering.

"Just good? You had a disagreement on your way here, didn't you?" She leaned forward in her chair, waiting for me to spill.

"How do you always do that?" I whined because no matter what she just always knew what was up.

"It's a gift and a curse." She replied, shrugging.

"I asked him if he wanted to move out because since he now basically lives in my apartment, too it's becoming a bit small and it's not like we'll live there forever, you know? And then he said something like 'it's not the mansion you're used to but it's good enough'. I know it's not like my old home and I don't want it to be but what's so wrong with moving into a bigger apartment at least?" I whispered so Harry wouldn't hear.

Mary sighed as she looked between me and Harry in thought.

"Maybe the place holds a lot of memory for him and he doesn't want to have a 'fresh start' at a new place." She mumbled and it felt like she was talking to herself rather than me.

"Or maybe his reasons are a little deeper than you think. Whatever it is, you guys need to sit down and talk about this. Problems like that don't just vanish on their own." She said and I nodded right when we heard Wes' voice.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. Val took way too long to get ready." Wes explained as he hugged each one of us.

"That's not true." Valentina slapped his arm with a huge smile on her face as she went around to greet us as well before sitting down.

We all sang 'Happy Birthday' as the waiter came out with a cake and Wes blew out the candles before the song was even over because he simply couldn't wait.

"What did you wish for honey?" Mary asked, curiously.

"Nothing. I've got everything I ever wanted." Wes replied but didn't look at Mary as he answered.

He looked at Valentina.

Mary grabbed Richards hand as we all watched them interact without even saying a word to each other.

"I can't hold it in any longer."

__________

who can't hold what in any longer ?

i'm so disappointed in some of my friends rn and i feel shitty so i thought i'd make you guys happy with a new update :)