Chapter 46

"I can't hold it in any longer." Wes said and grabbed Val's hand. She gave him a slight nod and took a deep breath as if she wanted to say something.

She closed her mouth again and looked at Wes who looked like he was about to burst.

"We're having a baby!"

"You're pregnant?!" Mary exclaimed and jumped up from her seat to pull Valentina and Wes into a hug.

"Oh my god." I said in disbelief and got up to congratulate them as well.

"When did you find out?" I asked after hugging both of them.

"Last week. I told Wes this morning that's why we were late." She laughed and I hugged her again because I was beyond happy for them.

"What a great surprise." Mary said happily.

"Yea, it was a surprise for us too." Val chuckled and I could only imagine.

They were only dating for like four months so I think no one really expected that to happen. Nevertheless, we were all very excited for them.

The rest of the time together was spend with talking about the baby. Wes didn't seem to mind that he wasn't the center of attention on his own birthday because he already had all the plans for their unborn child.

A couple hours later it was time to go home. We said our goodbyes to Mary & Richard before bringing Val & Wes to the car.

"See you monday then." Wes said as he talked to Harry.

"I thought we were watching football today?" Harry asked, confused.

"Harold, my girl is pregnant. Someday you'll understand what that does to a guy." Wes said and patted Harry on the back.

Harry just shook his head, laughing.

I hugged Val and Wes goodbye and followed Harry who was already a couple steps ahead of me.

"Could you at least wait?" I asked, frustrated.

Without looking at me Harry stopped walking and waited for me to catch up.

"Are you still annoyed because I asked if we could move out?"

"I'm not annoyed." Harry replied, looking straight ahead.

"Funny." I said and this time I was the one who picked up the pace because I just wanted to be home right now.

"Very mature." He mumbled and I spun around, making him almost bump into me.

"You're one to talk. Why are you making this such a big deal? I don't even have to ask you for permission. So here I am, telling you...that I will start looking for a new home." I said and walked off.

I turned around once to see Harry heading a different direction but I didn't care. He can do whatever he wants to do and so can I.

As I arrived home I had already asked my dad for the number of his real estate agent and decided to call him.

He asked me multiple questions about what I was looking for and all that and told me he would call me back in a couple of days with different options I would be able to look at.

I spend all afternoon on my own. The plan was for me and Val to hang out while the boys go watch football but I totally understand that they want to be by themselves after finding out that they are having a baby.

I had ordered a pizza in the evening and ate it as I laid in bed, watching Netflix. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Half way through the movie I heard the front door open, meaning Harry was home.

I decided not to be bothered by him right now and just continued watching the movie while I ate the delicious pizza.

It took him fifteen minutes to find the courage to enter the bedroom.

"Hey." He said as he walked in and fell down on the bed next to me.

"Let me guess. You went to the bar and watched the game? Had a couple beers?" I assumed and he confirmed by nodding.

"Take a shower, you smell." I kept staring at the screen and only watched him from the corner of my eye as he got up and did exactly what I had told him to.

When the movie was almost over he was fresh out of the shower and had changed into comfortable clothes.

He laid down next to me again and placed his head on my stomach while he wrapped his arms around me but I didn't acknowledge him. Or at least I tried.

"Ana." He held me tighter, waiting for me to cuddle with him but I tried so hard to ignored him.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and lifted his head to look up at me.

"I wish you would've just talked to me. You're not five." I said but kept staring at the TV even though I missed the plot twist and didn't understand what I was watching right now.

"I know. I'm sorry." He repeated and planted a kiss on my hand.

"I called the real estate agent and will start looking at houses." I filled him in, making him sigh.

"Why are you so against that? You can't expect us to live here forever, you know?" I said as he got up to sit in front of me so we were face to face.

"I know. You're right."

"Then what's the problem?" I asked, trying to understand.

"I just- I can't afford to buy us a big house." He bursted out, running his hands through his hair.

That's what this is about?

"Harry, you don't have to. You do realize, and I'm not trying to make you feel bad...but I'm a millionaire. Our whole life's are taken care off." I said, taking his hands in mine.

"I don't care. I want to be able to give you what you want. I don't want to have you pay for everything and buying a house...well, that's something that people do together."

"I'm sorry that you feel like that but you always pay...for everything. We go out to eat...you pay. We drive around in my car and fill up the gas...you pay. We go to the movies or any other date...you pay. You always pay but that doesn't mean you have to buy us a house." I explained and he nodded.

"I love you, Ana. I'm sorry I overreacted." He apologized as he looked into my eyes.

"And I love you, Harry. Just talk to me next time." I said and placed my hands on either side of his face.

"We're going house shopping." I announced, making him smile and shake his head.

"You're unbelievable." Was all he said before pushing me back onto the mattress and waisting no time in kissing me.

__________

not that many chapters left my friends how are we feeling about that ? 🤭

i still haven't finished writing the ending because i can't seem to find the time but i still have work all of next week and after that i'm off for two weeks I CANT WAIT 🎉😋

also, i spend all morning cleaning up my city after it flooded a couple days ago 🥲