Chapter 8

"Tomorrow is the day! Are you excited?" Wes asked as we entered the coffee shop next to the company.

"Very. Are you?" I asked even though I knew for a fact that he was more than excited to fly to the MET.

"Oh hell yes. I've been waiting for this for years." He replied right before ordering us two caramel lattes.

"I really hope you and Harry get along on this trip." Wes said as we sat down at a table in the corner.

"Wait what?"

I didn't know that Harry was coming too. Wes & I have basically stopped talking about him all together and Harry seemed to stay on the photography floor more now than he did before.

After the incident two weeks ago something changed. Harry stopped picking fights with me and instead just didn't stay in the same room for longer than he needed to. It was almost like he felt embarrassed about what had happened and I tried so hard to make sure he knows that he doesn't have to be.

However, every time I tried to talk to him he would find a ridiculous excuse to leave the conversation before it could even start.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we haven't really talked since then and thankfully Wes hasn't brought him up in our conversations at all. Maybe because he figured out that I wouldn't even want to talk about him.

I also haven't told anyone about Harry's panic attack because I thought even if he wanted someone to know, he would tell them themselves and so I kept quiet. Not even Wes knew about what happened.

"Yea, Harry's going every year. I thought you knew. He's one of the best photographer." Wes said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nope, I didn't. Either way I don't think him and I will be a problem. It's not like we're going to talk to each other. Quiet the opposite actually." I chuckled, looking down at my hands instead of Wes.

"I figured. That's probably going to be so awkward." Wes groaned, making me role my eyes. I did feel a little bad for Wes since he was friends with both Harry & I so I knew it was hard for him sometimes that his friends didn't get along.

Oh well, it is what it is.

"Ready to go?" I asked after I had finished my coffee. Wes nodded before we got up and left the coffee shop to get to Wes' car.

He would drive me home almost every day. Not that I was complaining or anything.

As soon as I got home I started packing my things for tomorrow. We were only going to New York for four days but I had to bring different outfits to different appointments so I ended up packing way too much.

The rest of the evening I spend with cooking myself some dinner and calling my parents which was always a little weird because it reminded me of the fact that I was basically living two different lives at once.

I went to bed early and in a blink of an eye I was already on my way to the company the next morning. I always walked there so today was no different as I pulled my luggage behind me.

As soon as I rounded the corner I saw Wes and a couple others waiting at the front with their luggage and equipment.

"Good morning." I said happily and pulled Wes into a hug.

"Morning!" Wes replied just as happy as I was.

"Alright, we're just waiting for Trey Williams, Macy Irwin and Harry Styles. As soon as they arrive we'll get on the bus and go straight to the airport so make sure one last time if all of you have your passports." Someone I have never seen before said.

I knew for a fact that I had my passport so I didn't bother checking again. I went through my list of things countless of times this morning.

A couple minutes later I saw Harry rounding the corner in a sprint, pulling his luggage with him. He immediately went over to the person in charge who's name I learned was Richard and before I knew it we were all putting our luggage in the trunk of the bus before getting in.

Wes & I took a seat in the far back, gossiping about everyone in front of us like we were back in high school.

Harry however, hasn't talked to me let alone looked at me which wasn't really a surprise anymore. Not that I minded. I noticed he sat just two rows in front of us with a guy I didn't know but they didn't seem to talk very much.

"So we do have like a day off in New York, any suggestions on what we could do?" Wes asked after a while as we were driving towards the airport.

"Hmm, let's see. We could do fun tourist stuff like going to central park, taking pictures on top of the empire state building." I trailed off.

"Oh we could go to a bar. Celebrate the end of the stressful MET gala time." Wes chimed and I nodded in agreement.

"Getting to know some cute New Yorker guys." I added, jokingly but also kinda serious maybe.

"We'll see about that part." Wes said, raising his eyebrows, making me laugh.

Soon enough we arrived at the airport and we all got out and through security in no time. Not that much later we were all sitting at the gate, waiting for our flight to board.

"How many times have you been on the MET gala trip?" I asked this woman names Macy who was responsible for doing most of the interviews.

"I think eight times. Nine if you count this one." She answered and Wes went on to ask her more question about how this was all working and stuff.

"Flight HJ259 to New York now boarding." A voice said over an intercom.

Before we entered the plane I had already asked Macy if we could switch seats since she had the seat next to Wes while I was supposed to sit with two guys I didn't know.

Thankfully, she said yes and so I had the aisle seat in row 17 with Wes right next to me and a guy names Jackson had the window seat. I looked around a little and suddenly made eye contact with Harry who had the aisle seat a row behind me but on the other side.

I quickly turned back around and decided to just engage in a conversation with Wes again.

__________

so sorry for not updating :/

i know i said i preworte some chapters but they aint good sadly at least i think so and because of work and other things i dont have the time to even write one sentence let alone a whole ass chapter :(