Chapter 42

"I'm so excited." I squealed as I got in the passenger seat of Harry's car.

"Really? I haven't noticed." Harry replied, sarcastically as he chuckled at my behavior.

"I just really want to meet her. Oh no, what if she doesn't like me?" I asked a bit worried.

I haven't thought about that.

"She will, darling. What's there not to like?" He placed his hand on my leg as he drove, making my heart melt every time.

Fifteen minutes later we arrived at Wes' apartment and knocked on his door.

"My favorite couple!" Wes exclaimed as the door sprung open and he pulled the both of us into a quick hug.

"Come in. Come in." He ushered us in and I put my purse down before looking up to see Wes' new girlfriend, waiting awkwardly by the couch.

"Hey, great to finally meet you properly." I said and decided on whether I should hug her or not.

I did.

"Yea, you too. It took Wes way too long to schedule this." She smiled and I immediately agreed.

Harry & Wes went to the kitchen to get some drinks and snacks while Valentina & I sat on the couch, engaging in a conversation about our boyfriends.

"I've never seen him this happy." I admitted and turned my head to the kitchen to see the boys laughing about something.

"That's good to hear." Valentina said and I noticed the spark in her eyes as she looked at Wes from afar.

"So you & Harry. You two look so happy together. Wes told me you used to hate each other?" She asked, wanting to know about our little enemies to lovers story.

"Yea kind of. I don't know why we got off to such a bad start but I feel like we've had chemistry from the very beginning but kept denying it." I smiled, thinking back to that time not so long ago.

"When was the first time you guys knew it was more than that? Sorry if I overstep with my questions but Wes is obsessed with you guy's love story and he kinda made me obsessed with it too." She laughed and I joined her.

"Well, that's a hard question. I changed my mind a lot about him after our first 'moment'. We once had to stand in for two models and pose for the camera...wait let me show you." I said and pulled my phone out to show her the photos that I had from that day.

"Oh my god, you weren't like dating or anything in that picture?" She asked surprised.

"Nope." I shook my head, smiling.

"You two look like you've just got married in those pictures. I can't believe you still thought you hated each other there."

"Yea, that was just the beginning." I grinned and noticed the boys finally join us.

Harry squeezed in the space to my right instead of sitting on the free chair next to Wes, making me chuckle. Wes rolled his eyes jokingly and waved Valentina over so she could sit next to him.

Harry wrapped his arm around me and pulled me a little into his side before kissing my temple.

"You disgust me." Wes joked and covered his and Valentina's eyes, making all of us laugh.

We played a couple games and talked for forever until it was getting dark outside and time for Harry & I to leave.

"I'll see you monday!" Wes called after us. Harry & I stopped walking and turned back around.

"What do you mean 'I'll see you monday?'" I asked confused because I thought he wasn't fully healed yet.

"The doctor cleared me this morning to get back to work. Sooo, see you monday!" He said and shut the door.

"That wasn't what I expected." Harry said and pulled on my hand to get me moving again.

"Me neither but if the doctor cleared him than that's fantastic. Things can finally get back to normal." I sighed happily as we got in the car to drive home.

Monday is also the start of the last week of working on the 25th anniversary special edition magazine which was beyond exciting. Everyone is putting so much work into it and I'm sure it's gonna be a great one.

-

"Wes!" I exclaimed as he waited for me at the entrance of the company.

"It's really been a while." He said as we walked through the doors and towards the elevator.

Wes got almost as much attention as I did, if not more, as we made our way to his office. Everyone stopped to ask how he was feeling and he happily replied with 'amazing' every time.

"Harry's not here?" Wes asked as we apporached his office.

"He should be." I furrowed my eyebrows and just in that moment someone walked past us and tickled my side, making me gasp.

"Harry!" I scolded him as he turned his head to wink at me.

"Glad to have you back, mate. The office was way too quiet without you annoying me every five seconds." Harry said and patted Wes on the shoulder.

"Thanks man. Appreciate it." Wes grinned and placed his stuff down.

"I'll see you later." I said as they both got settled at their desks.

"I'll be up for lunch!" Wes called after me and I gave him a thumbs up but not without seeing the look on Harry's face.

He looked a little disappointed. I knew he wanted to meet me for lunch too and I felt the same way but he also wanted to pretend to not be together at work so it was either that or the other. The decision was his and I was okay with whatever he decided on.

As I arrived in my office Iris had given me an article about me for the next issue and told me that they needed pictures until Wednesday so I should tell her whenever I was free to schedule the photoshoot.

After I settled down I read through the article multiple times and had only two notes for the editors other than that the article about me as CEO for the anniversary edition was perfect.

I made multiple calls that morning about the clothing for the shoot and scheduled it for tomorrow because I didn't want it to be rushed today.

I also really hoped for Harry to do the shoot but I decided against requesting him because I thought that maybe he wouldn't like that. I'll tell him about it later and maybe he would be able to decide for himself if he would be the one doing it or not.

__________

i'm prewriting a lot and i'm trying to wrap up this book but its so hard bc i dont know how to end it 🥴