Chapter 29

Monday.

Now I actually get to say it. Today is the day.

I was already on my way to the company and I had to change my mindset from intern to CEO which seemed to be a little difficult at first.

As soon as I arrived people greated me and wished me a good morning. I replied every single time and felt rather exhausted when I finally arrived on the top floor.

I nodded my head left and right and someone even handed me a freshly made coffee that I gladly accepted. When I was safely inside my office I let myself fall into the very comfortable office chair that I had previously picked out and just sat there for a couple minutes taking it all in until I was interrupted.

Someone was knocking on the door and I told them to come in.

"Good morning Miss Clarens. I have a couple layouts for the new issue and we need your approval by tomorrow."

"Thanks uhm." I didn't even knew her name.

"Iris Parker."

"Thanks Miss Parker." I said with a smile and she nodded her head before leaving my office again.

I lifted up the office phone and tried remembering Wes' extension so I could call his direct office phone but I really didn't know. I looked through a couple documents my dad had left me and saw a folder with all the numbers from every single employee in this building.

"Wesley Paul. Wesley Paul." I mumbled to myself until I finally found him and dialed his number.

"Hello?" Wes asked as soon as he picked up.

"Well well well Mr. Paul this is how you answer your office phone?" I teased.

"I mean...yea? People who call me. Call me. Why bother saying my name unless it's not me? Anyways what's up Boss." He laughed and I did too.

"Wanna have lunch in my office today? I really don't wanna step a foot out that door unless it's really necessary. People are staring at me." I explained and Wes continued laughing.

"Sure thing. I'll get us something from the cafeteria." He said and I thanked him.

"So...are you alone in the office?" I asked doodling something on a piece of paper.

"Right now yea. Harry's shooting something he'll be back soon though. Why?"

"Just wondering. By the way, what happened Friday? You didn't mention anything the next day?"

"I don't know either actually. Harry was really closed off and just in a bad mood all evening. I asked him multiple times but he kept on blabbering about some girl but I could be wrong. Anyways you should get back to work Boss. See you at lunch!"

"See you later." I said before hanging up and placing the phone down.

I didn't quite know what to do with that information so I just let it be for now and started getting to work.

When it was finally lunch time I heard a knock on the door and in came no other than Wes with burgers and fries that he got us from the cafeteria.

"You look so important in that chair and with this huge desk. How's it going so far?" He asked and took a seat at the small table I had picked out because I knew if I had lunch in here I needed a different table than my office desk.

I sat on the other side in front of Wes and immediately took a huge bite of my burger.

"It's good." I said with my mouth full, making Wes shake his head at me.

"I like being alone where no one can look into my office but at the same time I wish I wasn't fully alone in here. It's nice though I'm not complaining." I said and dipped the fries into some mayonnaise.

"If it makes you feel any better...literally everyone is talking about you." Wes told me before also taking a bite of his burger.

"How would that make me feel any better? Is it good stuff at least?" I asked anxiously.

"Of course. People love you." Wes waved his hand as if it was so obvious.

"That's good. Now that actually did make me feel better." I pointed out.

Just when we finished lunch there was another knock on the door.

"Miss Clarens there is a problem with one or two of the models. The team is on a tight schedule would you mind checking out what's going on and suggest what we should do?" Someone who I remembered from the photography floor said, sounding out of breath.

"Of course." I nodded and apologized to Wes but he said lunch was over anyways so he followed us to the elevator and got out on his floor before we made our way down to the floor were I got my hair & make up down when I was here for the cover shoot.

"Hey, sorry to disturb you but one of the models got sick and one had a family emergency. We already contacted the agency but no one can jump in at the last minute." Georgia who I also remembered from the photography floor and who also gave me & Harry instructions when we had to pose for them, explained the situation to me.

"Were there any photos taken at all?" I asked, hoping that maybe there was already one we could use.

"I think so but the editors upstairs said not one was good enough."

"Let's take a look." I said and we made our way upstairs to the photography floor.

I made my way towards the computers by the windows and saw no other than Darren sitting there.

As soon as he saw us approaching he straightened his posture and if I'm not mistaken his face was heating up, judging by the change of color of his face.

"Hey Ana. I'm sorry I mean, uhm Miss Clarens." He stumbled over his own words which I found quite amusing.

"Could you show me the pictures that were already taken?" I asked and he nodded, immediately showing me.

They were right, not one picture was good enough. As I clicked through them again I saw at least one photo were the two missing models were looking decent.

"Is it possible to edit the other models out and just shoot the remaining models so at the end you can edit the new picture with this part together?" I asked, hoping it would work.

"I guess it could work." He said and began cropping the two models that conveniently stood together on the photo.

"Georgia could you go get Harry so he can see what we're working with?" Darren asked the woman who explained the problem to me. She nodded and quickly walked off.

Why did it have to be Harry?

Not long after I saw Georgia and Harry make their way towards us. Harry must've already noticed me because he had a stone cold look on his face.

"What Darren?" Harry asked a little annoyed as he arrived.

Darren explained everything to Harry while I just stood there staring at him. He seemed to focused as he kept his head turned towards the computer and I wanted nothing more than to be somewhere private with him to talk.

"That could work. Yea." He said and walked away, making his way to the set.

I quickly walked after him, trying to catch up.

"Can we talk?" I asked, sounding way more desperate than I intended it to be.

"I'm working." He replied.

"Later then?" I suggested, hoping he would finally give in.

"I don't have time." He blew me off again.

"Harry please, I'm so sorry I wanted to tell you but I just didn't want things to be weird between us after everything. I know it's my fault and I really am sorry."

"What happened was a mistake. It's never going to happen again. Now leave."

__________

ouch my heartttt