Chapter 39

The first day of work after everything that had happened felt like the longest day of my life.

I had piles and piles of stuff on my desk to go through and when I was finally through with that it was already lunch time.

I decided to grab something from the cafeteria so I made my way there while looking through a file of ideas for the special anniversary edition that was coming up even quicker than I expected.

People greeted me everywhere I went so it was hard to focuse on the one task I needed to get done, preferably before lunch time had ended. The quicker the preparations went the better.

As I stood in line just like everyone else I felt as if someone was staring at me so I took a quick look around and felt just a little disappointed as I saw Macy making her way towards me.

"Hey." I smiled as she was close enough for her to hear.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" She asked and pulled me into a quick, short lived hug.

"I'm good now that Wes is finally feeling much better. He scared the shit out of me." I admitted and closed the file to focuse on Macy.

"Yea, words got around here as well and the horror stories people made up just for the sake of gossiping were crazy. I'm glad he's okay now." She replied, sounding genuinely relieved.

We talked a bit more before she excused herself because her break was over and made me promise to get together to talk again soon.

I got my food and quickly made my way out of the crowded cafeteria when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry I didn't-"

I interrupted myself as I looked up to see who exactly had just bumped into.

Yet again I was feeling disappointed.

"Better look where you're headed next time, Ana."

"Better watch what you're saying, Trey." I mocked him, knowing that I had the upper hand no matter what.

He sighed and before he could say anything else I headed for the elevator and didn't turn back.

I haven't seen him in a long time and I planned on never seeing him again after today. No matter how bad I wanted to fire him over the shit he's done to me, I wouldn't do that. Not to him, not to anyone.

The company was so big and so many people worked here I wasn't concerned about seeing him again for a long time. Especially since his department was basically on the opposite direction of where I was and even where Wes' and Harry's office was.

Instead of going to my office I made a quick detour to Harry's floor and saw him sitting in his office, eating a sandwhich as he clicked through stuff on his computer. Totally focused.

I went over to an employee and showed her the folder of ideas that I was going through and asked for her opinion. While she was going through the folder I basically had my eyes on Harry the whole time.

As if he could sense that someone was staring at him, he was looking up from his computer and scanned the floor until his eyes fell on me.

He took another bite of his sandwhich and winked at me, making me blush as I looked away to see if the employee, who's name I sadly didn't know, was done reading.

When I noticed she wasn't done, my head turned towards Harry again and to my surprise he was still looking at me with a breathtaking smile that made my heart melt.

"Personally, I think that-"

Surprised by the sudden interruption of the employee about the ideas, I stumbled and knocked over her glass with pens that fell to the ground with a thud.

"I'm so sorry." I gasped as I quickly bend down to pick up her pens and from the corner of my eye I noticed Harry laughing to himself, making my face heat up instantly because of embarrassment.

"It's totally fine Miss Clarens. No problem at all." She smiled and went on to tell me about what she thought about the ideas but all I could think about was Harry who seemed to find all of this very amusing.

When she was done I thanked her and apologized again before making my way to the elevator.

I knew he was watching so I scratched the side of my neck with my middle finger and discretely flipped him off.

When I was back in my office I dived back into my work and by the end of the day I had finally picked an idea for the special anniversary edition and had it go around so everyone had it by tomorrow morning.

As I arrived home I called Wes and talked to him for a bit. After a lot of persuasion I finally told him all about what had happened between me & Harry and he seemed more than excited, especially when he told me about the new nurse he apparently had a huge crush on.

"You should ask for her number." I said as I laid on the couch with my phone up to my ear.

"I would. I totally would but I've never been so nervous in my life to ask a girl for their number. If she says no things would be so awkward." He replied and I just knew he was cringing about that thought.

"Just do it, Wes. Mary didn't raise you like this and I know it." I joked, making the both of us laugh.

"Fine, the next time she- oh hi, Valentina. Yea, I'm feeling great. I actually wanted to ask...uhm, is there a chance that uhm I could have your number?"

Oh my god, he did it.

"Great, just...yea one second." He said and suddenly I just heard beeping, telling me that Wes had hung up on me. Probably to have her type in her number.

I laughed as he called me back two minutes later. He seemed so excited to finally have her number and for the next half an hour he told me all about how they had little moments and how she even came to take his pulse five times in the span of an hour.

I loved how excited and happy he was even after everything that had happened.

With his new love interest by his side I'm sure he'll have a speedy recovery because he's already planning their first date if not the whole wedding.

_________

i wasn't planning on updating twice every weekend but i just can't say no sometimes so hope you liked it 😋
but i won't make any promises for next week!