Chapter 10

"What are you doing?" He asked, confused as he noticed my attire.

"I burned my hand so I was on my to the reception to ask for an ice pack and ointment for the burning." I explained, looking anywhere else but him.

"Let me see." I heard him say and so I stretched my hand out and showed him the burn.

"That must hurt a lot. Go back inside I was just about to go to the reception anyways so I'll get you the ice pack and the ointment." He said and gestured me to get back in the room.

"You sure? I could just do it myself." I tried but he just waved me off.

"I'll be right back." Harry assured me before quickly walking down the hallways and disappearing behind the door that lead to the staircase.

I sighed and walked back into the room to continue letting cold water run on my burned skin.

It felt like forever until I finally heard a knock at the door. I quickly went to open it and saw Harry with a little bag and an ice pack in his hands.

"Put this on for a little." He instructed and gave me the ice pack.

I did as I was told and sat on my bed while I watched him take things out of the bag. He unfolded a piece of paper which looked very much like instructions, possibly for the ointment.

"Alright so, I got this. It's petroleum jelly. The pharmacist said it works much better than any ointments. I also got some bandages to cover the burn after you put the jelly on." He explained while he skipped through the instructions.

"You went to the pharmacy?" I asked, surprised that he would actually do that for me. That also must be the reason why he took so long and here I was thinking he was simply just taking his time for no reason.

"Yea, the receptionist only gave me the ice pack and the directions to the nearest pharmacy." He explained while he unscrewed the lid of the tube that had the petroleum jelly inside.

"You're supposed to put this on twice a day." Harry said before taking my hand and applying the jelly. After that he grabbed the bandage and put it on carefully all while I watched him do so.

For some reason this reminded me of literally every single romantic movie or book. You know, where the boy or girl gets hurt and the other person helps them getting better. However, in this situation it felt anything but romantic.

He was barely looking at me and just focused on quickly putting the gel and bandage on while I was just sitting here and waiting for him to be done. I really appreciated his help but it was also kinda weird, especially after the elevator incident.

"All done." He announced and looked up to see me already watching him in awe.

"Thank you, Harry." I said, sincerely. It really did mean a lot to me that he went out of his way to help me.

"Sure. I had to repay you for when...you know. I owed you." He said somewhat casual, sounding almost rushed as if he really wanted to get out of here.

Right.

"I understand." I nodded and looked at the fake plant on my dresser which seemed far more interesting all of a sudden.

Now I was the one feeling embarrassed. Here I was thinking that he did all this because he wanted to help me but turns out he did this so he wouldn't owe me anything.

"I guess, see you tomorrow then." He said and without another word he was gone.

I couldn't help but feel disappointment by the way this all turned out. I thought maybe we could overcome the awkwardness and disliking towards one another but I guess I was wrong.

The more I thought about it the more annoyed I was. I never did anything to make him dislike me and yet here we were. I bet he wished that he would've stayed in his room just a little longer so he wouldn't have ran into me.

I huffed and turned the tv on to watch something that could get my mind of things.

I settled on a movie with Adam Sandler and got myself ready for bed so I could get much more comfortable.

I was almost half asleep when the movie ended and just when I was about to get up and turn the tv off I heard a click from the door right before it opened.

"Hey." Trey greeted me and closed the door behind me.

"Hey." I replied, suddenly feeling awkward as I was just in my pyjamas which was just a top and a pair of shorts.

We stood somewhat awkwardly in the room and noticed his facial expression changing as his eyes settled on my bandage.

"What happened?" He asked concerned while taking a couple steps towards me.

"Uhm, I burned myself on my curling iron." I explained, looking down at my hand.

"Shit, that must've hurt. Are you okay?"

"Yea yea, it's all good. Thanks. Now tell me, how was it?" I changed the subject and he immediately started telling me all about it.

A while later he decided to go take a shower and I checked my phone to see a message from Wes. Since he didn't ask me about the burn I figured Harry didn't tell him about what happened. Instead, he asked me what I did while I was alone and if I went somewhere.

I replied to him and added that I would go to bed now and that I would see him tomorrow morning at breakfast.

I charged my phone and placed it on the nightstand after I had set an alarm for 6am. After that I closed the blinds and turned on Trey's nightstand light since he wasn't done getting ready for bed yet but I was so exhausted that it didn't take much for me to fall asleep to the sound of the shower running.

________

finally got some time so here u go alsooo going to update another chapter in a couple minutes hehe