Chapter 3

"Last stop. This is the cafeteria. It's not very crowded in here most of the time, only when it's Pizza day. Usually, most employees go to the break room on their floor with their co-workers or just stay in their offices." Wesley explained later that day.

"Where do you go on your break when you're not showing the intern around." I chuckled as we walked back to the elevator.

"Depends on the day and my mood, honestly. Harry & I stay in the office a lot but if he's busy or not there which is most of the time then I go to the break room. However, I do like staying alone in the office if my social bettery is low." He laughed, making me join him because I could relate so much.

We arrived back at the office and talked for a while before getting back to work.

I wonder why the other guy, Harry, wasn't in the office that much but I decided not to ask. I was very much ok with it being just Wesley & I because that meant I had to focus on hiding my real identity from only one person.

It was harder than I thought to pretend to not know something. I tried making little mistakes here and there or just ask many questions even though I knew the answers.

A couple hours later it was finally time to go home.

"So, how did you like your first day?" Wes asked as he grabbed his jacket from the hanger and handed me mine as well.

"It was good. I had fun." I said and went to open the door.

"If you think this day was fun then just wait until the actual MET Gala." He said and followed me outside the office.

"Have you ever been?" I asked, referring to the high anticipated MET Gala, the whole world will be talking about.

"No, never. Our boss usually picks a couple people to go but I guess my time hasn't come yet. I'm only 25 so I'm sure some day I get to go." He answered and pushed the button for the elevator.

"Definitely." I nodded right when the elevator door opened. I looked up to see someone already standing there. Oh no.

"Good afternoon Mr. Clarens." Wes said, trying to sound a little more formal.

"Hello Mr. Paul, I see you're working with our new intern Miss..." My dad said but stopped himself, trying to make it seem like he didn't know my name.

Right, my name. Shit I forgot my name.

"Uhh-" I started but I just couldn't remember.

"Yea, Miss Griffin picked up everything pretty quickly and she seems like a hard and dedicated worker." Wes chimed in and I couldn't have been more grateful for that.

"Very well. Hope you have a nice evening." My dad said, trying to keep in his laughter which was very obvious to me but I guess Wes didn't realize it.

As the elevator doors opened my dad gestured us to go out first and grinned at me as I passed him. I glared at him jokingly before following Wes through the lobby and out the door while my dad went to the front desk, talking to someone.

"Did you seriously just forgot your own name." Wes started laughing as we were out of hearing range from my dad.

"Shut up." Was all I said and waved him off, hoping that he won't speak of this ever again.

Wes suddenly stopped so I turned towards him, stopping as well.

"This is me." He said and nodded towards a silver car.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Do you need a ride?" He asked right when I was about to turn around.

"Oh no, I parked right around the corner." I replied and he nodded before we said our goodbyes.

My car actually wasn't parked around the corner since I decided to walk to the company this morning and it only took me about fifteen to twenty minutes. I woke up way earlier than usual because of all the new surroundings I still wasn't very used to and because I was slightly nervous for the first day at the company.

As I rounded the corner I saw the guy Wes shared his office with. He held a cup in his hands so I assumed he had just come out of the coffee shop that was next to the company.

I watched him get into the drivers seat of a black car and before I even knew it he was out of my sight.

I don't know why but something about this man had me intrigued and maybe it was because he was the most handsome guy I've ever laid my eyes on. However, all day I had to fight the urge to ask Wes about him. What he does. Why he was barely in the office. Even random stuff like what he likes to do in his free time.

It was a strange feeling. For me at least.

When I successfully pushed the thought of the somewhat mysterious stranger out of my mind I was already at the apartment building I was staying at.

I took the elevator to get to my floor and soon enough I had unlocked the door to my rather small but very cute apartment.

I changed into more comfortable clothes before connecting my phone to my bluetooth box and putting my playlist on shuffle. I decided to make myself some pasta and soon enough I was in my bed watching something on Netflix.

It didn't take much for me to fall asleep that night and I was also somewhat excited to get back to work tomorrow.

_________

I only ever write on the weekends because of work so I had this draft ready from last week haha

what concerts have you been to before ? tell me in the comments I'd love to know