Chapter 14

"Good morning." I said the following day as I entered the office with a smile.

"Morning." Wes replied simply as he kept staring at his computer screen. Harry of course didn't say anything to me not that I expected or even wanted him to.

"Not in a great mood huh?" I teased Wes as I sat on the chair next to him.

I looked up at Harry who was just gathering some stuff not even taking a little glance at me.

"You're with Harry today." Wes said while clicking through random emails that he had already opened.

What crawled up his ass this morning?

"What? Why?" Harry exclaimed obviously not approving of Wes' choice.

"I have to get this thing done today and it's very time consuming so I can't be distracted." Wes explained but something was definitely off about him today.

Without another word Harry had left the office and I quickly followed with groan.

The good mood I was in this morning definitely vanished as I was now stuck with Harry for the day.

Harry and I took the stairs to get to the photography floor and before I knew it I spend three hours watching Harry take photos of anything and everything.

I played on my phone for the most time and kept texting Trey who also was also somewhere here in this huge building. I would rather be with him than with a guy who basically hated my guts and guess what? The feeling was mutual.

The second it was time for our lunch break I took off towards the cafeteria to meet up with Trey.

As soon as I saw him in the hallway I quickened my pace and right when I reached him he turned around to face me right before I crashed into him, hugging him tightly.

"Hey baby." He laughed and squeezed me a little tighter before pulling away.

"Hey." I replied with a huge grin on my face. He took my hand in his and together we walked into the cafeteria to get ourselves some food.

We sat down on an empty table and immediately engaged into a conversation.

"Wes was so weird this morning. I don't know what's up with him." I frowned and just then I saw him walk into the cafeteria with Harry and Jackson who was also on the New York trip.

"Maybe he's just having a bad day. Happens to all of us." Trey pointed out and I agreed.

Maybe he really was just having a bad day and it wasn't anything major.

"Soo, Miss Griffin. Would you like to grab a coffee after work? I could drive you home afterwards."

Miss Griffin...about that...

"Sure." I nodded and send hin a quick smile before biting into my sandwhich.

I looked around and noticed Wes was sitting with Harry and Jackson at a different table. I watched him talk with Harry about something and soon enough I saw him laughing about whatever.

Well, he sure seems to be in a good mood now.

"I gotta go back now I started my break earlier than you did." Trey announced as I put my full attention back on him.

"Ugh, fine." I groaned, knowing that I would probably walk over to join Wes and the others in hopes of him really having a better mood and it wasn't just me imagining things.

"Meet you in the lobby after work?" Trey asked and leaned down to peck my lips.

I nodded and just like that he was gone.

I got up with a sigh and quickly put my tray away before walking over to the table were Wes was sitting at.

"Hey." I greeted as I arrived and took a seat next to Jackson.

"Hey." Jackson said but the only one I wanted to reply was the one who didn't say anything.

And no it wasn't Harry.

"Okay, what's the matter with you?" I asked suddenly, taking Wes totally of guard.

"Nothing." He shrugged and continued eating his sandwhich.

"Bullshit." I said and got up from the table, not wanting him to kill my mood yet again.

I grabbed a lemonade from the vending machine and spend the rest of my break on the photography floor on my own.

Way too soon for my liking the break was over and Harry went back to work while I just sat around doing nothing.

Maybe I wouldn't extend my so called 'internship' after all and maybe I would just travel for a while before I just pop back in announcing that I would be the new CEO.

It's not like I would have to work with any of them like I was now.

I knew for a fact that my dad really wants to retire. He always talks about the places he wants to visit with my mom and I am very certain that as soon as he signs the company over to me he would pack a bag, take my moms hand and together they would explore the world.

"Alright, we're done for the day." I suddenly heard someone say. I looked at the clock on the door and saw that it really was time to go home. I must've day dreamed the whole time.

I got up and walked towards the elevator to go back up to the office to get my things before meeting Trey in the lobby.

I saw Harry walking towards the staircase with his camera in his hands and before I knew it I was running up to him and blocked his way so he couldn't get past me.

"What's up with Wes?" I asked, making Harry raise his eyebrow.

"Ask him." Was all he said before pushing past me so I tried blocking his way again.

"Tell me." I pleaded, knowing that something just wasn't right.

"Ask Wes." Harry repeated but this time I wouldn't let him push past me.

"I know you don't like me but why the fuck can't you just tell me what the hell is going on? It's not like-"

"Trey cheated on you."

_________

oh oh