Chapter 23

It was Wednesday and I was finally feeling much better so I was able to go back to work today.

Wes was already back yesterday and according to him Harry was as well so it may get a little awkward today.

The amount of times I thought about going to his apartment the last couple day was not healthy.

When I arrived at work I saw a text from Wes telling me that he was already in the office so I didn't have to wait for him downstairs. I got to the office in no time and sighed in relief as I didn't see Harry in there with Wes.

"Welcome back!" Wes jumped off his chair and came to pull me into a much needed hug.

"It's be a while." I chuckled and squeezed hin tighter.

Someone cleared their throat and we pulled away turning around to see Harry standing there, waiting for us to move since we were blocking the door.

"Harry look who's finally back."

I pinched Wes' arm and he slapped my hand away, flinching as I glared at him.

"Uhm, anyways...uh, did you watch the show I told you about?" Wes quickly tried changing the subject.

"Yea." I nodded, not saying another word. I knew it was going to be awkward but this was next level awkward and I wasn't prepared.

I let Wes check his emails and just sat there in silence, playing with my rings.

"Oh no, I have a meeting in ten minutes." Wes said as he checked calendar.

Don't say it. Please don't say it.

"You're with Harry until lunch."

Great.

Wes looked quite amused as Harry's head shot up to look at him. He studied Wes' face as if he was looking for something that would tell him it was a joke. But it wasn't.

Wes got up from this chair and went for the door.

"See you guys back here at lunch." He said and left but not before laughing to himself as if this was unbelievably funny.

The next five minutes of silence felt like an eternity. No words were spoken.

Harry suddenly got up, grabbed his camera from the desk and nodded his head towards the door as if telling me to follow him, which I did.

We went to the photography floor and Harry talked with a couple people as they set up the set for the next photoshoot. I just wondered around and stared out of the window for good one and a half hours until someone tapped my shoulder to get my attention.

"Oh, hey Darren." I greeted him as he stood next to me.

"Hey, I saw you standing here by yourself I thought I'd say hey. How are you doing?" He asked with a gentle smile on his face.

"I'm good. You?"

"Same. I didn't see you for a couple days what were you up to?" He asked casually.

"I was sick for a couple days. Today is my first day back." I explained.

We talked a bit more about just random stuff until he suddenly became a little nervous.

"So there is this new coffee shop down the road and I thought that maybe we-"

"Ana, we're going back to the office." Harry interrupted Darren as he approached up and stood next to me, staring at Darren who was a couple inches shorter and didn't look so confident in this moment.

"What were you saying?" I asked Darren who was looking at Harry.

"Uhm, nevermind. Talk to you later." He said and quickly walked off which was weird.

"What was that about?" I asked more to myself since I didn't think Harry would answer me and I was right since he was already a couple steps ahead of me.

"Harry, can you stop running I can barely keep up." I said annoyed but he was already at the door to the staircase, holding it open and actually waiting for me.

I got to the door a couple seconds later and thought to myself that I could just take the elevator. I didn't have to take the stairs just because Harry did.

I was about to turn around when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I gasped in surprise and seconds later he had pushed me lightly against the wall and pressed his lips onto mine.

I was shocked but it didn't take long for me to kiss him back with all I had.

A couple seconds later I pushed against his chest to separate us.

Our heavy breaths were the only noise that was heard as we stared into each others eyes.

"You can't ignore me and than kiss me. That's not how it works." I said in a low voice trying to catch my breath.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said and run his hand through his hair while taking a few steps back.

"We should...talk." I said, watching him react to what I said. He just nodded, not saying anything else.

"Fuck it." I said and pulled on his shirt, leaning up to connect our lips again, catching him off guard this time.

He recovered quickly and placed his hand on my cheek as he deepened the kiss. My hands went from his shoulders to his hair, wondering around as we kissed.

He suddenly grabbed my upper thighs and pulled me up so I wrapped my legs around his torso as he kept me pressed against the wall.

He groaned as I tugged on his hair and I tried to pull him impossibly closer as I suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

I pushed him back and disconnected our lips to listen if I just imagined the noise but the footsteps just got louder and Harry apparently heard them too as he let me down and took a couple steps away from me.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed by the fact that we were interrupted but maybe we had to talk before doing that again.

We both fixed our hair and clothes a little before silently walking up the stairs and passing the person who's footsteps we had heard.

Soon we arrived back in the office but this time it was different. There was no awkwardness at all just sexual tension which didn't make it any easier, especially not when Wes joined us back for lunch.

________

interesting