Chapter 21

"I don't hate you Ana."

"Then why are you doing what you're doing? It's not fair!" I raised my voice again.

"I know! You just frustrate me!" He raised his voice as well, matching mine.

"That doesn't even make sense! We never even talk with each other." I pointed out, becoming angrier by the second.

"Don't you get it Ana? Your presence alone is enough! Sometimes you're just so fuc-"

"So what?! Annoying? Or maybe I'm not even the problem maybe you are! You're trying to find reasons to hate me but none of it makes sense." I was furious. The way he was talking to me made me even angrier.

What came next threw me completely off guard. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening until it was.

He had pulled me to him, grabbing my cheeks and pressing his lips onto mine. It was so fast that I didn't even have the time to understand what was happening and to react.

He pulled away and run his hand through his hair again, cursing under his breath as he looked away.

"You need to go."

But I couldn't. I didn't want to.

I took a couple steps towards him, closing the space between us and pulled his head down to press our lips together once again. This time the both of us reacted and we moved our lips forcefully against each others, almost aggressive.

He pushed me backwards and slammed the door shut before pushing me against it, never once letting his lips leave mine.

His hands were roaming my body, holding me close to him while mine ran through his hair, tugging and pulling him impossibly closer.

Seconds later he pulled himself from me and just looked me in the eyes, trying to study me.

The only noise was our heavy breathing and my body seemed to be burning hot as we stared each other down.

"What are you doing to me?" He muttered under his breath.

"Could ask you the same thing." I replied suddenly not knowing what my next move would be.

"You should really go now." He said after a few moments of silence.

I looked at him, trying to read what was on his mind but he seemed way too closed off for me to figure it out. He didn't even look at me as I stayed put at the door, deciding on whether I wanted to make him talk or just leave it alone for now.

I sighed as my hand went to open the door. My mind was overflowing with all kinds of thoughts as I pulled the door open, hoping that he would maybe just say something.

But he didn't and so I took a couple steps forward and closed the door behind me.

I quickly made my way to my own apartment but as soon as I was in bed I knew that tonight my thoughts wouldn't leave me alone to get any rest.

As I was still awake when the sun crept through the blinds I was angry at myself for even letting it come to this.

As I looked at the clock I saw that it was already 6:30am and that I had to get up for work soon anyways. Thank god it was friday but still I don't think I will survive this day, especially not after getting literally no sleep at all.

My mood lightened as I saw a text from my dad, saying that he wanted to talk things over today so I didn't have to go to work which was a huge relief, especially because Wes was still sick and I didn't want to see Harry right now.

I texted my dad back and told him I'd come by soon. He replied not long after inviting me to breakfast which sounded amazing.

I got up and took a quick and slightly cold shower to wake myself up before getting dressed and downing two cups of coffee. I grabbed my purse and made my way to my car to get to my parents house.

Driving in the state I was in probably isn't the best but I felt better than the night I got cheated on so I suppose it's alright.

I arrived at my parents house at around 8am and my mom was already waiting at the door for me with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh honey, I've missed you so much." She said pulling me into a tight hug.

"Didn't you get enough sleep last night? You look exhausted, my dear." She added as she held my face in her fands, caressing my checks with her thumbs.

"Missed you too, mom." I chuckled and she laughed as well before we headed to the dining room where my father sat, reading the newspaper.

"Morning dad." I announced my presence and he immediately got up to hug me and kiss my head like he would always do.

"Morning, honey. We have a lot to discuss today." He said and sounded somewhat excited.

"After breakfast of course." My mom added.

"Of course, of course." Dad agreed and we sat down to eat and small talk.

"So, what happened with that boy you liked. You never mentioned him again." My mom said after a while, catching me off guard.

"Didn't work out." I shrugged and she just nodded, probably knowing that I didn't want to talk about it.

My mom quickly changed the subject and told me all about the placed they wanted to go. Both of them seemed so very excited to travel and I believe I would be too if I were them. I love traveling and I definitely got that passion from my parents.

"Just going off the grid and enjoying life is exactly what your dad and I need." Mom said, smiling at my father who nodded in agreement.

The business kept my dad very busy for all these years. It was also the only things they every fought about. There was a time were my dad worked literally 24/7 and it almost broke my family because he was never at home. There was a turning point a couple years ago were they had a huge fight and my mom threatened to leave my dad. It was horrible but very much needed because after that they made it work and now both of them are more than happy.

"Let's talk business, shall we?"

_______

oh harry