Chapter 35

"Didn't what happen mean anything to you?" I asked quietly, trying not to tear up.

He stayed silent for what felt like hours but were only moments.

"It meant everything to me, Ana." He replied and just when I looked up in shock his lips were on mine.

A kiss so sweet and meaningful. So gentle and perfect.

He placed his hand on my cheek and pulled away just to look me in the eyes. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as he gently brushed his thumb over my cheekbone.

A single tear escaped from my eyes and ran down my cheek but Harry graceful wiped it away and leaned in to place a kiss on my cheek were he had wiped away my tear.

"Family of Wesley Paul?"

Our heads shot up and we saw a doctor scanning the room as he waited to see who was here for Wes. It was a different doctor than the one who talked to us earlier.

Harry & I quickly got up and woke up Mary & Richard who immediately jumped up from their chairs.

"Is he okay?" Mary asked desperately as she clung onto Richard who comforted her the best he could.

I was just as anxious as I was the last time a doctor came and I tried focusing on what he had to say without thinking about all the different scenarios that could occur.

Suddenly someone slipped their hand in mine and squeezed it, making me look up to see Harry looking straight ahead just as anxious as I was. I returned the favor and squeezed his hand, making sure he knew I was here for him too.

"The good news are that your son hasn't had any internal bleeding. Further check ups have also shown that apart from his badly injured ribs every other injury is just minor and already taken care of. Now the major injury seems to be the broken ribs and the trauma he experienced to the head which we're still running tests on. However for now he was put in a medically induced coma to track the pattern of his brain waves and give his brain and body time to heal. We're very confident that he'll be healing just fine from what we've seen so far."

I felt like I could finally take a breath after taking all this new information in. I didn't even notice I was holding my breath in the first place.

Mary & Richard seemed to question the doctor a little more but the ringing in my ear prevented me from hearing what they were saying.

As I was breathing it didn't feel like the air was reaching my lungs and so I started hyperventilating as my vision blurred and I only heard the ringing in my ears.

Suddenly I was grabbed by someone and multiple hands were on me until my back was pressed to the floor and my legs up in the air.

"Ana can you hear me? Ana!" Someone kept repeating my name but I couldn't quite figure out who it was.

After a little while my vision slowly cleared up and I saw the doctor and Harry hovering over me. I noticed a woman who probably worked here as a nurse, holding my legs up while Richard & Mary stood beside her with worried looks on their faces.

The ringing in my ears stopped and my vision was fully cleared up a few moments later.

"I'm good." I said and tried getting up.

"You should lay down a little and maybe get some food in your system, preferably some fruit or something." The doctor said and padded my knee before he left with the nurse right behind him.

"Are you okay?" Mary asked as she kneeled down and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yea, I don't know what happened. Sorry for making a scene." I apologized but she waved me off.

"Nonsense." She said and Richard helped her back up.

"You scared the shit out of me." Harry said from behind me and pulled me into his chest as we were still sitting on the floor.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I replied and turned around to face him.

"Just...never do that again." He said and planted a kiss on my temple which made me smile as that weird feeing in my stomach happened again.

"The young lady needs some fruit. There should be a 24 hour market down the street." Richard interrupted our moment with a knowing grin on his face.

"Right, I'll be right back." Harry said and quickly helped me up and sat me down on a chair before he speed walked out of the hospital and into the night.

"So between our last conversation and now...something must've happened. Am I right?" Mary asked, having that same look on her face as Richard.

"We kind of kissed." I blushed as I revealed to them what had happened not that long ago.

"You'd make a beautiful couple, honey. I see great things happening for you two." She smiled and even though I was a bit embarrassed I smiled back.

I hated making all of this about me & Harry. Especially me. We were here for Wes and the fact that he was in a coma just didn't sit right with me. I wanted my best friend with me, laughing, gossiping and crying together.

"You know, Wes is the best best friend I could ever ask for. I'm sure Harry feels the same way. He's a wonderful person and now I get where he got that from." I said after a little while of silence.

"Thank you, honey. That means a lot to us." Mary said and I noticed her squeezing Richard's hand. They both seemed so proud to be his parents and I know for a fact that they would do anything for him.

"I'm back." Harry announced his presence, sounding out of breath.

"We'll leave you guys to rest a little." I told Mary & Richard who were both visibly tired. Instead onf answering they both just nodded and got comfortable for the rest of the night.

I grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him all the way in the back to our previous seats.

"I didn't know what you liked so I brought options." He said as soon as we were seated.

He showed me what was in the back and I gasped as I saw bananas, grapes, kiwis, mangos, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and apples.

"Thank you." I chuckled and grabbed his chin with my hand to pull him closer so I could peck his lips which made both of us smile.

The next hour we just made conversation and ate a lot of the fruit he got until we were both full and exceptionally tired. We didn't even notice that it had started pouring outside. I love rain and the sound it makes when it hits the pavement or windows. It calms me.

So not long after, we fell asleep in the makeshift bed we created...holding each other.

____________

i want someone to get me fruit...and hold me when it rains 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺