Chapter 33

We've been waiting at the hospital for quite some time now. I've been staring at the wall for what felt like ages but has only been three hours.

I separated myself from Wes' parents and Harry for a little while because I felt like my negative energy wasn't something they needed right now and I just wanted to be alone.

"Ana dear would you like something to eat? Mary & I will grab something from the cafeteria." Richard said as he stood in front of me.

"I'm good." I replied and he just nodded before leaving with Mary.

I went back to staring at the wall when Harry came over to sit beside me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I noticed he was playing with his rings which I tend to do often as well.

How was I feeling?

"I feel like shit. My best friend is in surgery right now and I don't know if he'll be okay or not. So yea, not feeling very peachy right now." I said a little more aggressive than I intended to sound like.

"Don't talk to me like that. You're forgetting that he's my best friend too." Harry said, sounding hurt which made my heart ache even more.

He was right. I was being selfish. I'm not the only one scared out of my mind. Harry has known him way longer than me and I completely forgot to make sure he was okay.

As I turned to him I noticed his eyes were glossy and a single tear slipped from his eyes as he looked straight ahead.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered and placed my hand onto his, squeezing it to let him know I was here.

More tears slipped from his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. One even landed on my hand that was holding his and my eyes started watering too.

I retreated my hand from his and grabbed both of his cheeks, turning his head to look at me.

"Everything's gonna be fine." I whispered, wiping his tears away no matter how many more managed to escape from his eyes.

I pulled him towards me and he immediately wrapped his arms around me, letting me hold him this time. I ran my hand up and down his back to comfort him as best as I could while the other hand was on the back of his head, tangled in his hair.

We stayed like this for a while, just holding each other and hoping that our best friend will be alright.

A couple minutes later Wes' parents came back and I saw Mary nudging Richard before nodding her head towards us with a small smile on her face.

I pulled away from Harry slowly because I noticed his breathing was slowing down and I figured he was almost half asleep.

"We got you two some food and coffee." Mary said and handed each of us a bag and a coffee cup.

"Thank you." Harry & I said in unison.

They sat down in front of us and we just ate in silence waiting for some news about Wes.

When we were done eating someone suddenly called out Wes' name and we all turned our heads to see a doctor looking at every person in the waiting room, trying to figure out who was here for Wes.

We all jumped up from out seats and Mary & Richard met the doctor half way.

"You're the parents?" The doctor asked and they both nodded immediately.