Chapter 9

"It's New York babyyy!" Wes exclaimed as we exited the airport with our luggage.

Richard guided us towards a little bus and soon we were off to the hotel we were staying at.

"Alright everyone. I'm going to hand out room keys. Feel free to partner up with whoever you'd like. You're all old enough I assume."

Everyone laughed and waited as Richard handed out the room keys.

"Hey mate. Wanna share a room?"

Wes and I both turned to the side to look at whoever was talking right now. Of course. Harry. Who else would it be?

Wes looked at me, unsure if he should accept the offer or not. I gave him a quick nod and a reassuring smile before stepping away from them to find myself someone to share a room with.

Since I didn't know any of them it turned out to be harder than expected and just then I wished that I would've just told Wes to share a room with me instead.

"Anyone without a partner?" I heard someone ask and so I turned around and saw a guy holding up his hand and waving it a little.

"Yea, me." I said and walked towards him.

From the corner of my eye I noticed both Wes & Harry watching me as I walked towards the guy who's name I didn't know.

"Hey, I'm Trey." He introduced himself and stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Ana." I responded and shook his hand.

"Alright since everyone has found a roommate I suggest you can all go get settled in and we'll meet back down here in an hour." Richard said and everyone nodded as we made our way to the elevators.

I stood next to Wes as the first group squeezed into the elevator while we waited for the next one.

"I'm sorry that we're not sharing a room. I could still ask Harry to switch you know." Wes whispered so only I could hear.

"It's fine. I mean kinda awkward maybe but we'll be out and about all day anyways so it doesn't matter." I shrugged and followed him as the elevator door opened.

I noticed Harry wasn't here with us so I thought maybe he sneaked away to take the stairs.

As we arrived on the floor I was a little relieved when I found out that Wes' room was right opposite mine so if I felt uncomfortable I could just easily go to his room in just a couple seconds.

"You can come over anytime, got it?" Wes said and I nodded before following Trey into our room and leaving Wes in the hallway.

"Which bed do you want?" Trey asked and gestured to the two beds that were separated by two night stands and a plant.

"I'll take this one." I said and placed my luggage on top of the bed that was right next to the floor to ceiling window.

We unpacked our stuff in silence, neither of us really knowing what to say since we literally just met each other.

"So, what do you do?" I asked, trying to get to know him at least.

"I help Macy with the interviews. I'm also a writer so I'll help with the texts for the magazine." He revealed to me as he put a button down shirt on a hanger.

"Sounds cool. How long have you been working for the magazine?" I asked curiously.

"About three years now. I was fortunate enough to get right in after college. What about you?"

"Oh uhm, I finished college this year and kinda just applied for an internship to see what I like, I guess." I ran my hands through my hair, trying to untangle the knots.

We talked a little more about work and the upcoming MET gala before it was already time to get downstairs to meet with everyone and go over the schedule.

Just when we were ready to go I heard a knock on the door so I went to open it only to find Wes.

"Ready?" He asked both me and Trey.

We nodded and followed him towards the elevator while chatting about how exciting this weekend was going to be.

"Glad to see everyone back here on time. I have a schedule right here with all the addresses, contact information, teams you name it. Today there's only one job to do and that's the fitting with Blake Lively. For that you can see the list of names that are required to attend with their respective jobs so just make sure you check if you're one of them and I guess as for the others, you have the rest of the day off before literal hell starts tomorrow morning." Rochard announced.

"Also please, no drinking or partying tonight until after the MET." Richard added and we all nodded in agreement.

As soon as I had the schedule in my hands I skipped through the names on todays job and sighed in relief as I saw that I wasn't listed. However, to my disappointment Wes and even Trey had to go which I found quite disappointing.

"You could always hang out with Harry you know." I heard Wes say, making me scrunch up my face.

"Never." I said, making him laugh at my reaction.

Two hours later I was in my hotel room and had just taken a quick shower and got dressed in a white hotel rope before I decided to curl my hair so it would be wavy in the morning.

While I curled my hair I put some music on and danced a little while humming along.

"Nothing's fine, I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying na- FUCK"

I dropped the curling iron as soon as I had burned my hand from moving too much to the music.

I let out multiple curse words as I ran to the bathroom to let some cold water run over my hand.

I groaned in pain as I watched the water collide with my burned skin. My eyes shut momentarily as I decided to just go to the reception and ask for an ice pack or even better some ointment to cure the burning.

As I looked in the mirror I noticed that I was still in the rope but since it went down til under my knee I would be fine. I pulled onto the strings a little tighter just in case before grabbing the hotel key and leaving the room.

Just when I closed the door I heard another one opening. As I turned around I was now standing face to face in only my rope with none other than Harry.

____________

decided this was an ok chapter so here you go woho double update