twenty-two

~Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it~
----------

~Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it~----------

****

A few weeks have passed and it was now the end of October when I was sitting in Professor Camplyn's divination room. 

"Okay dear, did you meditate regularly?"

"I did."

"Good, if you want to see, it is important that you learn to clear your mind of everything. Your mind has to be reset, that's called a blank slate. There is a theory called tabula rasa, which says that individuals are born without built-in mental content and that therefore all knowledge comes from experience or perception. You will completely retrain your mind to expand your spirit, allowing your eyes to see beyond the mundane!"

Grace had a knack for dramatics but she was good at what she did and she always tried to teach me as well as she could.

She showed me tricks to get rid of my distracting thoughts, which she has been doing for the last few lessons. We meet once a week but she wants me to get into my blank slate state first before I move on to other things.

"I think you're ready to move on to some more advanced stuff. You're a fast learner and I'm pretty sure that you have the sight. We just need to push your talent to the surface."

"What do you mean with 'more advanced stuff? I asked her.

"We will try to experiment with standard divination methods to try to give shape to your intuition and bring out your talents. Try your hand at things like tarot cards, runes, smudging, crystal balls or tea leaves. These tools are designed to help you identify what your instincts are telling you indirectly by using open-ended symbols or "blank slate" visualization methods. "

"Which method will we try first?"

"The tea leaves, I have these nice pink cups, let me get you some tea." She rushed out of the room but came back a few minutes later, her hands filled with tea and books.

She filled my teacup and while we were drinking tea so that we could read from it, we talked about my dreams.

"Okay, we're ready to start now."

"Well, uh how do I do it?"

"At first you have to think about what your intention is and then you swirl the cup three times with the left hand and turn it over to drain. The shapes of the leaves left in the cup are interpreted by the diviner."

I looked in my cup and I was able to see a shape "I see a dog shape at the top of the cup, that means, faithful friends or loyal friends. Is that right?"

She looked at my cup and smiled, "Yes, it is, good job."

Grace looked at me and asked with a teasing smile "What do you see in my cup?"