fourty

~ You just have to trust your own madness~
-----------

~ You just have to trust your own madness~-----------

****

Start of seventh year

I was standing on the platform 9 ¾, ready to go to Hogwarts for my last year. I already said goodbye to my parents. My mother had tears in her eyes, not wanting her little girl to grow up. Even if my father didn't wanted to admit it, he got a little emotional too, seeing his only daughter and nephew leaving for their last year.

I knew that this year will be different than the others, not only because it was my last year but more because the war was growing and I knew I played an important role in this battle between good and evil. I worked on my seer skills, I let myself be guided by my dreams, which often received important things about the future and valuable information. I had to admit that I was scared of the future, of the war and of the prophecy.

But I tried to push back these thoughts as I stepped onto the red train, my hand in Sirius's as he pulled me through the hallway, trying to find a compartment for the rest of the marauders.

Sirius opened a door and said "This one is empty."

We walked in and settled down. I was sitting between the window and Sirius while Peter, James and Remus were seated on the other side.

"How do you think Lily will react if she sees my badge?" asked James, trying to fix his badge in the reflection of the window.

"Nice badge?" asked Peter absently while chewing on his sweets.

Sirius let out a laugh and said "She'll probably be all over the moon, declaring her love for you."

James's eyes lit up and he sat up straight "You think so Padfoot?"

"No-" but James was already brabbling about how many kids he wants when he's older.

The train set off and I waved to my family one last time. A few hours passed with laughter filling the compartment as we talked about anything when the door was pushed open, revealing Lily and Marlene.

"Hey guys" waved Marlene before she engulfed me in a hug. I hugged back and went up to Lily to greet her, when I pulled back, I saw a badge on her school uniform.

"Lily, you're head girl, congratulations!"

"Thank you Talea, I assume that Remus got one too, right?" she replied, turning to Remus.

"Uhm nope, James got the badge."

Lily scoffed, unconvinced before turning to James and said "Yeah righ-", her eyes widened when she saw that I wasn't lying.

"Oh, congratulations Potter."

"Thank you, Lily flower," beamed James who was grinning from ear to ear because Lily didn't call him an arrogant toe rag.

"Well, I guess we have to go to the prefects meeting now" sighed Lily who was already walking out of the compartment but James didn't move, he was still glued on his seat with a love sick grin on his face until Lily pocked her head through the door "Are you coming Potter?"

James snapped out of his gaze and grinned "Of course darling" before rushing out of the door and I swear that I could saw a faint blush on Lily's cheeks before she followed him.

"Whipped" muttered Marlene, staring at the door.

"Where's Alice?" asked Remus.

"With some Ravenclaws that were friends with Frank, I guess she misses him so she needs someone that reminds her of him" replied Marlene as she sat down on James seat.

Sirius threw an arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him, I laid my head on his shoulder as we drifted off into a conversation for the rest of the train ride. I didn't saw James and Lily until I was at the feast, watching them talking to each other with a big smile plastered on their face.

****

A few days passed and James was ecstatic, McGonagall made him team captain for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and Lily was slowly warming up to him. He was smiling so brightly the last days that whenever I was near him, I forgot about my own problems.

I knew it wasn't right to push them into the back of my head, trying to ignore them. I was still hoping that Dumbledore will come up to me, telling me that it was all a mistake and that the prophecy wasn't about me even if I knew that this wouldn't happen.

Sirius sensed my troubled mind and told me to meet him in the Astronomy tower tonight, to talk about my thoughts. I was glad that he was by my side, he was always there for me, sensing my troubles like no one else, even better Remus.

I walked up the stairs and pushed the door open, revealing the circular room. Sirius sat on the ground, his back leaning on a wall as he looked up to the stars.

I walked over to him and sat down, my arm brushing against his. He smiled softly at me and put an arm around my waist. I leaned onto him as took his free hand in mine and started to play with the rings on his fingers.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Sirius, looking down at me.

I kept my gaze on his rings and nodded my head slightly "You know, I don't think that I can do it."

"Do what?"

"Fighting against Voldemort."

"Yet you're still not afraid to say his name."

"No one is afraid of the name, only of what has made it so terrifying" I looked up to see him smile at me, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead and I continued talking.

"The prophecy says that I'm able to defeat him, that I'm able to defeat evil so that the good may reign. But I'm a seventeen-year-old seer who has no idea of life. He is one of the most powerful wizards of all time, why do I have to do this?"

"Talea, you're one of the strongest persons I know and we've already told you that you're not alone in this. All you need is to put trust in yourself. You're connected to him, you might be able to make out his biggest weakness, something that could be the death of him. You're strong and a bright witch, you've already saved Mary and her family from death."

"There are so many more lives that I could have saved. I was just lucky to have this vision."

"No, you don't understand Talea, you're destined to fight against him, you can refuse to fight against him, this way, there is just a small chance to defeat him. Or you could at least try, save life and might defeat him. You're not alone, there are people that love you, that are willing to die for you and to die for the right thing. And fighting against him is the right thing. We will find a way to defeat him. Together."

He was right, it will not be an easy journey, but it is the right one. I have to try at least; I owe it to the people I love. Even if it's the last thing I do, it's only fair.

I smiled softly and said "You're right, thank you Sirius."

He chuckled and said "No problem love", before connecting our lips.

I probably wouldn't have felt as safe and secure as I did at that moment if I had known that someone had heard our whole conversation.