thirty-five

~ some nightmares don't end when we open our eyes ~
-----------

~ some nightmares don't end when we open our eyes ~-----------

****

A green flash of light shot right past me, just a few centimetres away from my right arm. 

"Watch out!" called an unknown voice.

"Get to safety, take your brother and go!" Tears streamed down the woman's face, her eyes red and swollen and covered with scratches.

"No, Mum, but what about you?" a panicked voice called back. It was as if it was coming out of my mouth, but it wasn't mine, the voice was familiar, but I couldn't recognise it. The windows shattered and people in black cloaks rushed into the room. Spells flew everywhere.
A young boy was pulled into the room,
screaming for help, tears forming in his eyes as he tried to escape.

"No, no not my boy!" screamed a man, his eyes widened as he sends a spell in the direction of the hooded figure that pushed the boy into the room, but he was to slow. A green flash of light hit the man right in his chest and he dropped dead onto the floor.

"Dad!" screamed the boy, tears running down his face, mixed with a look of pure terror. The women stopped fighting off another hooded figure and turned around to see the lifeless body on the ground.

She stopped in her tracks and it felt like time slowed down when her eyes widened, and her body hit the ground with a thumb, behind her stood a man with a long scar across his face, a wand pointed at her and a sinister smirk on his face.

I felt my body crouching in pain as the familiar voice let out a painful scream, when a curse hit me "Crucio!"

My body hit the ground and tears streamed down my face, my body was on fire, I felt like every nerve in my body was cut by a knife. The boy started to scream a name bit I couldn't hear it, my mind was to occupied with the immense pain.

"Talea!" I felt someone shaking my body but the pain was still there.

"Talea, it's just a dream!" A dream? Then why does it feel so real?

"Please love, wake up!"

Love

The pain faded and my vision blurred until I could only see darkness. I tore open my eyes and jerked up, my breath ragged and sweat running down my forehead. I looked around, I was once again in the hospital wing and Sirius was sitting in front of me, his hair a mess and a worried expression on his face.

My voice trembled sightly as I looked at the boy "Sirius?"

He wrapped his arms around my body, I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck and put my hands around his torso.

"Shh, you're safe. Do you remember what happened?"

Memories of the incident returned, of Snape calling Lily a Mudblood when I stepped in, and when the curse hit me and I had certainly not forgot about the pain.